Author Topic: Apache is running but I can`t access my site on port 80  (Read 14747 times)

Apache is running but I can`t access my site on port 80
« on: December 01, 2016, 07:35:48 PM »
Hello people,
First of all I want to introduce myself a bit since this is my first post. I`m 33yo from Bulgaria with a bit more than 15y of XP in FreeBSD, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Perl, JavaScript, CSS, CSH, SH, BASH, Assembler, IPv6 and lots of other stuff. (I`m not a total newbie).
Now why I`m here.
Few weeks ago I decided to try something new and I spoted CentOS. I installed myself CentOS 7 x86on _64 on one old Core 2 Duo laptop without display. I put apache, mysql and php and everything was fine until I saw CWP. After I saw that CWP is up to CentOS 6, directly I put 6.8 and the pain begin. The installation of CWP was clear and everything seemed to be ok. Yes but NO. I cannot access my website on port 80. I was reading on google a bit, created new package, a new user, put the website on the new user, bla bla bla whatever google says ... but still nothing. Ok, I`m going through modem and 2 wifi routers, but ... this is not the problem. When it was CentOS 7 with clean Apache the website was working. And now ...
As I`m new to CentOS and CWP I`m begging you for help.
UNIX is a very simple OS, but you have to be a GENIUS to understand it ...

Re: Apache is running but I can`t access my site on port 80
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 08:42:39 PM »
As far as I know CWP Requires CentOS 6.x and doesn't work properly on 7.

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 05:54:00 AM »
Yes. I saw that so I removed CentOS 7 and installed CentOS 6.8 (final). Now CWP is running on CentOS 6.8 (final) and everything is ok with CWP. Just port 80 is filtered. I spoke with my ISP and they are not filtering any port. On my routers my ports are open and forwarded. I have SSH access, just not web access on port 80.

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 08:01:12 PM »
on the server try the following command:

>curl <servers's IP address>

where (obv) you replace <servers's IP address> with the actual IP of the server that apache is bound to (if it's bound to all just listening on port 80 then the ip of the NIC should do).

If you get some html code (test page, site, anything really) apache is up and running and something else is blocking it. If not, then apache isn't running or configured correctly.

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 07:39:49 AM »
Ok. "curl 192.168.1.101" returned html code, but "curl 77.236.17x.1xx" got stucked. I think that something went wrong with port 80 in the 2nd router last time when I logged in from my phone. Probably in the Remote Management it get reversed back to port 80 and it`s not transfering it to the server just to the router. 2 days I`m trying to find a way to install a console web browser with javascript support so I can log in to the router and to fix it(the server is 30km away from me). For now with no luck. I will keep trying.

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 10:58:57 AM »
Hello, if you use a NAT, check in CWP if it activated
You can ask me to solve any problem with your server for some money in pm  ;)
Services Monitoring & RBL Monitoring
http://centos-webpanel.com/services-monitor
Join our Development Team and get paid !
http://centos-webpanel.com/develope-modules-for-cwp

Installation Instructions
http://centos-webpanel.com/installation-instructions
Get Fast Support Here
http://centos-webpanel.com/support-services

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 12:24:37 AM »
Solved. Error in router Port Forwarding 80->82 instead of 80->80.