Author Topic: Can't Install on Dedicated Server  (Read 11454 times)

Can't Install on Dedicated Server
« on: October 18, 2017, 05:39:43 AM »
I'm using the dedicated servers provisioning to install Centos 7 x86x64 Minimal.

After yum -y install wget and yum -y update and rebooting, I attempt to install CWP (for centos 7)

It gets through most of the installation and suddenly quits here:

Code: [Select]
  perl-XML-SAX-Base.noarch 0:1.08-7.el7                            perl-XML-SAX-Writer.noarch 0:0.53-4.el7
  perl-devel.x86_64 4:5.16.3-292.el7                               perl-version.x86_64 3:0.99.07-2.el7
  portreserve.x86_64 0:0.0.5-11.el7                                procmail.x86_64 0:3.22-36.el7
  psmisc.x86_64 0:22.20-15.el7                                     pyparsing.noarch 0:1.5.6-9.el7
  spamassassin.x86_64 0:3.4.0-2.el7                                systemtap-sdt-devel.x86_64 0:3.1-3.el7
  tmpwatch.x86_64 0:2.11-5.el7                                     unzoo.x86_64 0:4.4-16.el7

Complete!
Archive:  /mail_server.zip
  inflating: etc/clamd.conf
  inflating: etc/postfix/vacation.php
  inflating: etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_vacation.cf
  inflating: etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailbox_maps.cf
  inflating: etc/postfix/mynetworks
  inflating: etc/postfix/mysql-relay_domains_maps.cf
  inflating: etc/postfix/master.cf
  inflating: etc/postfix/vacation.pl
  inflating: etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_alias_maps.cf
  inflating: etc/postfix/main.cf
  inflating: etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailbox_limit_maps.cf
  inflating: etc/postfix/vacation.conf
  inflating: etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_domains_maps.cf
  inflating: etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-quota.conf
  inflating: etc/dovecot/trash.conf
  inflating: etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf
  inflating: etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
  inflating: etc/amavisd.conf
   creating: var/sieve/
  inflating: var/sieve/globalfilter.sieve
   creating: var/spool/vacation/
Usage: cwp-el7-latest <domain>
[root@server1 src]#

I'm at a loss because I have so so so many successful installs of CWP on local linux boxes here at home, on countless VPS's but I will admit that this is my first Centos 7 CWP on a Dedicated server.

I then re-provisioned the server with Centos 6 Latest minimal and attempted to install CWP:
cd /usr/local/src
wget http://centos-webpanel.com/cwp-latest
sh cwp-latest

It unfortunately errors out although different errors.

I re-provisioned again Centos 6 latest minimal and after yum -y update and a reboot, I decided to check yum -y remove apache mysql mariadb postfix etc etc and I found that postfix was installed. yum -y remove postfix and then ran the cwp install. It worked just fine so I figured that was the problem before. Re-provision to Centos 7 latest minimal, yum -y update then reboot, yum -y remove postfix and then install cwp.

It errors out at the same place as before with:

inflating: etc/amavisd.conf
   creating: var/sieve/
  inflating: var/sieve/globalfilter.sieve
   creating: var/spool/vacation/
Usage: cwp-el7-latest <domain>
[root@server1 src]#

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong because I'm sure it is me missing something. Thanks in advance for any help!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:44:21 AM by Space Cowboy »

Re: Can't Install on Dedicated Server
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 05:58:08 AM »
Please create a ticket with server login details, this need to be checked
https://support.centos-webpanel.com

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 11:51:00 PM »
Hi! Yes I am having this same exact issue on my fresh centos 7 install. how did you ever resolve this?

thank you much for your help!

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 07:29:24 AM »
I see something:
Usage: cwp-el7-latest <domain>Try to install it like this:
sh cwp-el7-latest your-domain.tldExample:
sh cwp-el7-latest space-cowboy.com
UNIX is a very simple OS, but you have to be a GENIUS to understand it ...

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 05:49:01 PM »
Hi! Yes I am having this same exact issue on my fresh centos 7 install. how did you ever resolve this?

thank you much for your help!

Don't forget to setup your hostname before installation:
hostname your-domain.tldJust after you have done this you can run the installation.

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 05:18:48 PM »
I have the same problem. Solution please

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 06:28:58 PM »
I see something:
Usage: cwp-el7-latest <domain>Try to install it like this:
sh cwp-el7-latest your-domain.tldExample:
sh cwp-el7-latest space-cowboy.com

I have tired all of these and still can't seem to install. I  had to revert back to Centos 6 and everything worked perfectly. not sure what the issue is at this point.

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 09:55:54 PM »
I actually never did resolve the issue but I did find out what the problem was.

The data center for my dedicated server, like most if not all the others, has some provisioning of different OS's.

Even though their provisioning states that it is Centos 7 Minimal, their "kickstart" also installs what THEY consider to be "needed packages", this included Postfix for one, and several, several others.

I may have mentioned already but I'll mention it again, when I provisioned Centos 6 minimal through my data centers provisioning system, it too installed Postfix and some other packages; however, using yum to remove and purge Postfix before installing CWP on Centos 6 did work. Unfortunately for me in my case, I want to use Centos 7.

This was not the case, however, for when I provisioned Centos 7.

I may be wrong but it seems that your only options when you face this is either:
Using your KVM/iLO to install your own downloaded copy of the Centos 7 min iso on your server OR taking the time to find a list of all the packages that CWP installs then use that list to double check that NONE of them are installed and/or remove them when you do find them before installing CWP

I suppose another option would be: If you are using virtualization on your dedicated server such as Proxmox, then creating a Centos 7 vm for you to use solely with CWP.

I really like CWP but I wish it had an initial check for packages so it could warn you aka. "These packages are already installed on this machine, please remove them, reboot your sever and restart the CWP installation"

Good luck to you!

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 03:58:25 AM »
I have not failed on any fresh installation on CWP, maybe you should follow these steps:
1. Install latest 64 bits Centos 7
2. yum update -y
3. reboot
4. Run these commands
cd /usr/local/src
wget http://centos-webpanel.com/cwp-latest
sh cwp-latest

Note: don't change hostname before installing CWP, change it after you finish the setup process (change hostname on browser)