Author Topic: This site can’t provide a secure connection  (Read 7507 times)

This site can’t provide a secure connection
« on: January 17, 2019, 10:20:08 PM »
I'm a bit stumped.
I've just installed CWP on Centos 7 (all updated) and rebooted the server. I only have one account on this server but so far I have two problems.
1 when trying to log in to domain:2030 I get the error  This site can’t provide a secure connection
2 if I try and log in through FTP I get 530 Login authentication failed.

I've updated CWP, checked firewall and replaced the account a few times.

my cwp version is 0.9.8.762 pro
update:
forgot to mention I installed SSL through CWP's auto-install. it checked out through leaf and so on.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 10:30:34 PM by Steff »

Re: This site can’t provide a secure connection
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 02:34:37 AM »
Have you already made sure your ssl install is working normally *before* using it on another port like the 2030 .. ??

Regards,
Netino

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 08:58:29 AM »
port 2030/2031 is using hostname for the certificate so you will need to access it by the hostname
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 06:54:00 PM »
I did check SSl was working and everything authenticated. I also checked that the hostname was correct and that too authenticated. After trying several checks through various independents, the result was the same SSL authenticated.
So logging in through the ip address (remotely) I deleted the SSL certificate and rebuilt the web services. I then used FREE SSL to build the certificate again rebuilding web services... Now I can't log in through ip and the server is offline completely.
I'll have to make a physical trip to the server location to see what has happened...
Any advice please.