Author Topic: Users with over 8 char usernames can't log in to client panel.  (Read 6690 times)

Users with over 8 char usernames can't log in to client panel.
« on: December 12, 2018, 03:52:13 PM »
users with over 8 char usernames can't log in to client panel.

how would I change the usernames to work? I can't log into the client panel to make a backup and restore, if I were to go this route..

Im stuck after all these updates screwed up my server.

Please help

Re: Users with over 8 char usernames can't log in to client panel.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 02:23:32 PM »
username should have max numb of characters 8 as the limit for creating account and the you shouldn't have any issues
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 02:26:05 PM »
The problem is, ive been using cwp for long while now and usernames weren't limited back then. Now with the updates, these existing users are hosed because of the new limitation

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 02:27:50 PM »
users with over 8 char usernames can't log in to client panel.

how would I change the usernames to work? I can't log into the client panel to make a backup and restore, if I were to go this route..

Im stuck after all these updates screwed up my server.

Please help

It is better to cut the user names to less than 8 characters, so you do not have problems.
but you will have problems later

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 02:29:48 PM »
The problem is, ive been using cwp for long while now and usernames weren't limited back then. Now with the updates, these existing users are hosed because of the new limitation
I understand you, brother, I am also a victim of updates.

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 02:30:55 PM »

It is better to cut the user names to less than 8 characters, so you do not have problems.
but you will have problems later

Exactly, but this wasn't a requirement back when the user was created over a year ago.. the system currently limits the new account creation to 8 chars, but the old accounts that are over 8 are locked up when it comes to trying to get in to the client panel. I can change the username if there was a way to do so.. that's what I need help on
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 03:05:54 PM by tyrnight »