Author Topic: All sorts of weird things happening.  (Read 8163 times)

All sorts of weird things happening.
« on: April 14, 2019, 10:19:51 PM »
I have a user who created a new word press site but she receives the message "Error establishing a database connection". So I go into the admin screen. I attempt to shutdown the Mysql server and this is what i receive.

Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=19156 in /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/include/functions.php on line 0

Warning: mysqli_error() expects exactly 1 parameter, 0 given in /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/include/functions.php on line 0

Warning: mysqli_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/include/functions.php on line 0

what in the heck is going on here?

Re: All sorts of weird things happening.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 11:29:23 AM »
cwp is using mysql so you can't shutdown mysql
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 11:47:31 AM »
duh! Thanks

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 12:07:26 PM »
Try to increase max_allowed_packet and timeout in my.cnf

Add / edit below line in /etc/my.cnf
Or in CWP.adm -> SQL Service -> MySQL Configuration

Code: [Select]
[mysqld]
max_allowed_packet = 500M
interactive_timeout = 300
wait_timeout = 300

Big query packet also need increasing of innodb_buffer_pool_size, you can tune your database mysql with "mysqltuner"

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 02:58:47 PM »
Also, how did your user install WordPress?

If it was using the one click installer in cwp...It does not work properly anyway and I get thus error with every user account trying to install WordPress from cwp.

This in my case is always because cwp script stuffs up the automatically or manually generated password  copy process and adds the stuffed up password to the WordPress wp-config.php file.

This means on every installation of WordPress on my cwp server, it immediately throws a cannot connect to database error.

In my case, fix is easy...manually edit the wp-config.php file password to exactly match the one that was input into the one click installer script. Or set a new password  and use that one for the wp-config.php...Then it works.

This problem should not happen in cwp...and I have grumbled about it for a while, however no one at cwp can be bothered fixing it and so the problem remains! The one click installer is useless.