Author Topic: Is there definative answer to Permissions errors?  (Read 7681 times)

Is there definative answer to Permissions errors?
« on: January 10, 2017, 12:45:47 AM »
Hello,

Can anyone help on this please.

I am having so many problems with permissions, that I wonder to give up or not.

I've had paid support for this problem, and they fix it, and then it goes wrong again, can anyone tell me what to do on this? I cannot keep paying for support (I'm not that rich! :)

Even when I go to 'User Accounts', and select 'Fix Permissions', I still cannot create new folders in the ftp hosting software (either CuteFTP or Filezilla) However, I can create a folder from within the 'Advanced File Manager' but this way, I can only create 1 folder at a time, and transfer only 5 files - so so time consuming?

Lastly, I cannot even download and install wordpress plugins from the browser?

My config, is nginx, varnish, mod-security.

Any help would be appreciated, especially if its specific, or url to put me on the right track perhaps?

Many thanks (on the verge of going back to ISPconfig?)
Mark

Re: Is there definative answer to Permissions errors?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 05:16:09 PM »
I disabled mod-security and everything works fine afterwards.
Maybe the pro version is better, but the normal one doesn't work properly.
It's funny that: centos-webpanel.com has cPanel and not CWP installed.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 12:42:51 PM »
Hi, Looks more an issue with modsecurity than anything else, have you ever checked the log file and the rules?

If you enable modsecurity, than try to create a folder with filezilla, and it doesn't work, then in the log file it shows the ID of the rule what stopped it.
Then you can disable that rule, but to be honest I have no such issues with my Apache config.

To disable a rule modify this file: /usr/local/apache/modsecurity-owasp-old/global_disabled_rules.conf

Menu, Security, Mod Security, configuration files [3]

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 04:52:44 AM »
Many thanks