Author Topic: DKIM/SPF For Hostname  (Read 4066 times)

DKIM/SPF For Hostname
« on: June 25, 2019, 05:28:05 PM »
Try as I might, I can find no means of setting up proper email authentication for the hostname. The GUI displays irrelevant domains, including nameservers but no entry for the hostname itself.

Surprising that others haven't come across this.

Re: DKIM/SPF For Hostname
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 12:26:40 AM »
Can you please break it down a bit about email authentication for the hostname. what do you really mean?

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 11:34:22 AM »
Can you please break it down a bit about email authentication for the hostname. what do you really mean?
Nothing to be broken down: Title & short description says it all. I'll try to rephrase/simplify.

How does one set DKIM and SPF records for the hostname, without resorting to manually adding named records?
(Trying to figure out where the DKIM key is stored, plus adding it to the milter is going to get complicated.)

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 04:46:28 PM »
Authentication-Results: spf=none (sender IP is 139.99.xxx.xx) smtp.mailfrom=xx.xxxxx.com; hotmail.com; dkim=fail (no key for signature) header.d=xx.xxxxx.com;hotmail.com; dmarc=fail action=none header.from=xx.xxxxx.com; Received-SPF: None (protection.outlook.com: xx.xxxxx.com does not designate permitted sender hosts)
Of course the nameservers have DNS records for SPF.