Author Topic: How can I give automatically the permission to visitors to upload files  (Read 153 times)

Hi again guys,

I come with my last unsolved problem that I couldn't find on internet or I don't know how I should search for.
My business and system details are in this post https://forum.centos-webpanel.com/csf-firewall/i-cannot-upload-files-when-i-enable-the-firewall/

I want to know how can I give access to firewall to visitors only to be able to upload videos on my website.
At this moment I am the only one that can upload videos because I put my IP into the white list in firewall, otherwise is not possible at this moment.

So my questions is, how can I do others visitors/registered users to be able to upload videos into my video share website?

Would be great if someone know this  ;D

Thank you!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2024, 01:31:27 PM by Insan3Us »

Re: How can I give automatically the permission to visitors to upload files
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2024, 03:30:36 PM »
pure-ftpd is very flexible to configure. You can enable anonymous users, allow just upload, change the umask of uploaded files, etc. You could exempt it from the CSF firewall, too as an ignored process. Or are you wanting to use a web form to upload files?

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2024, 03:47:13 PM »
pure-ftpd is very flexible to configure. You can enable anonymous users, allow just upload, change the umask of uploaded files, etc. You could exempt it from the CSF firewall, too as an ignored process. Or are you wanting to use a web form to upload files?

I like the idea with CSF, how I except it from CSF firewall? Where I need to go and with option ?
Just for you guys to know, I started 2 days ago to work with the firewall (on linux).

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2024, 07:06:03 PM »
The file is / etc / csf / csf.pignore
(remove spaces -- this forum doesn't like etc paths.)
Have you looked at general CSF documentation?

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2024, 10:52:49 AM »
CSF won't block a PHP script from uploading to your server, and you can control the max upload file size in the php.ini.

CWP pretty well has the FTP server locked down, so doing anonymous FTP uploads or downloads isn't really feasible.
I looked into trying to get anonymous FTP downloads working for our mirror servers, and gave up.

Giving anyone anonymous upload access to a server is just inviting trouble though.

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2024, 12:36:39 PM »
CSF won't block a PHP script from uploading to your server, and you can control the max upload file size in the php.ini.

CWP pretty well has the FTP server locked down, so doing anonymous FTP uploads or downloads isn't really feasible.
I looked into trying to get anonymous FTP downloads working for our mirror servers, and gave up.

Giving anyone anonymous upload access to a server is just inviting trouble though.
I have antiviruses on my server, is not a problem this, but my website is a share video online so cannot restrict access to people to upload videos...

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2024, 12:57:05 PM »
There might be a way to do this thru WordPress, where user can register and upload files.

That's the only thing I can think of right now.