Author Topic: Can't setup DNS  (Read 4080 times)

Can't setup DNS
« on: December 28, 2018, 10:14:18 AM »
Hello,

I'm having problem setting up DNS server with CWP7. I followed instructions in topic How to Setup DNS (BIND) on server, but still I can't get it to work.

So first of, I have clean installation of CWP7 on CentOS VM. This VM have private IP address of 192.168.0.99. On the CWP7 I can see my Server IP is my private IP (so 192.168.0.99). I set shared IP as my public IP (84.xx.xx.xx) and I activated NAT-ed network configuration. I eddited Nameservers IPs with ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com with my public IP address (84.xx.xx.xx). Then created new user that uses mydomain.com, and add A records for ns1 and ns2 pointing to my public IP. I also added A record for cwp.mydomain.com pointing to my public IP, which is my hostname for CWP7.

On my registrar, which is namecheap.com I added GLUE records for ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com pointing to my public IP, and set them as my custom DNS servers.

On my router I made port forwarding to my VM (192.168.0.99) for port 53, both TCP and UDP. On my VMs network card I set DNS server as 127.0.0.1.

Now on same VM I can ping ns1, ns2 and cwp addresses, but cannot ping let say, google.com. I also cannot ping ns1, ns2 and cwp from different computer. It's like my DNS server is not accessible from anywhere. What did I miss?