Author Topic: DNS Slave  (Read 13086 times)

DNS Slave
« on: September 07, 2018, 02:23:26 PM »
Hi

Having a small issue with DNS Server, I have CWP set as master and to slave out zones and records too 2 other bind box's.

i have installed web-min for all box's.

so the issue i am having, When i create a zone in CWP (ns0) the zone is created and so are all records. But the zone is not pushed to the 2 slave box's (ns1) and (ns2). If i manually add just the zone to the slave box's then all the records are pulled from the master with no issue.

I cant see any difference in the way CWP is writing the config compared to a normal bind _ webmin box.

Little bit stumped if i am honest,

I dont mind if CWP is master DNS going out to 2 slaves or CWP writes out to an external Master and slave, whats the best way to fix this issue

cheers for the help

Re: DNS Slave
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 10:10:25 AM »
I know this is a couple of months old, but in case it helps anyone else - what I did was write a script that
  • copies all of the zone files to a second server
  • checks and updates (if necessary) etc/named.conf (this tells bind what files to load)
  • restarts bind on the second server

I set this up as a cron job that runs every half hour. Then any dns zones that are updated or added are automatically updated on the secondary server within 30 minutes of the change.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 06:55:46 AM »
The functionality is now available by default on CWP, all you need is s CWPpro license.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 05:20:54 PM »
Nitram, where is that functionality exactly? Trying to find it in cwpro

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 02:42:24 PM »
I see the DNS slave option however I don't see documentation on it. What's the api/key pass that we put in? Is this for another CWP or CWPro setup? It's not clear.

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 07:49:30 PM »
I see the DNS slave option however I don't see documentation on it. What's the api/key pass that we put in? Is this for another CWP or CWPro setup? It's not clear.

This is a service which you need to subscribe.
Please ask from support

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 08:54:04 AM »
I am current studying and testing CWP server,  and I am willing to recommend the CWP solution to our company, however I can not find any DNS master-slave solution in CWP document, and even google also not help much. I really don't know how to say if I suggest the CWP solutions without DNS master-slave, any one could tell me is the DNS master-slave really work in CWP-pro ? Thanks very much. 

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2022, 05:33:51 AM »
I know this is a couple of months old, but in case it helps anyone else - what I did was write a script that
  • checks and updates (if necessary) etc/named.conf (this tells bind what files to load)

I set this up as a cron job that runs every half hour. Then any dns zones that are updated or added are automatically updated on the secondary server within 30 minutes of the change.
No offense, but could you upload this script on the forum? I am unable to get the Slave DNS Manager working. Thank you.

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2022, 09:19:48 AM »

No offense, but could you upload this script on the forum? I am unable to get the Slave DNS Manager working. Thank you.

A description of what I did is here: https://thecuriouswebsitedesigner.co.uk/server-administration/how-to-set-up-your-nameservers-on-separate-vpss-centos-web-panel

Kind regards

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2022, 04:18:18 AM »
Good morning, and thank you for your generosity. My apologies for the delayed response. May you prosper.
Kind regards,
Raman