Author Topic: Cant add autoresponder  (Read 6026 times)

Cant add autoresponder
« on: January 05, 2021, 12:09:51 AM »
I have CWP pro, and cant add autoresponders after updating.

As a root user in the main control panel, when I click to add an autoreponder, a red popup appears saying: "FATAL ERROR error writing to DB".

When I try adding an autoresponder via the user control panel, the list of autoreponders just doesnt load (stays blank).

I tried this advice on another thread:

Before update you can using next fix:
chown postfix /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/include/postfix.php
chmod 644 /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/include/postfix.php
chattr +i /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/include/postfix.php

It didnt work. I assume this was just to use these commands via ssh, which is what I did.

Re: Cant add autoresponder
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 10:00:45 PM »
It's a shame that 6 months later, this hasn't been fixed. I am having the same issues. Were you able to fix this? I tried the above lines but no luck.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 10:06:47 PM by tg040 »

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 09:23:46 PM »
My autoresponder works fine.  But keep in mind you have to have the email account created and visible in your list of email accounts.   Forwarding domains can cause autoresponder problems.
Listen to everything Pixelpadre says.

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 09:46:53 AM »
Hello, to create the autoresponder I have to do it as root from the CWP panel.
If I have already created an autoresponder and I want to modify it, I get a DB error.
If the client tries to do it from his panel, he also gets a DB error.
So I don't know where is the failure, let's see if someone @admin answers the doubts.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 11:31:04 AM »
This issue still exists, cab add autoresponder as root or as user, but can not update/modify any of the existing one.

Gives "Error writing to DB"

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2022, 07:15:42 AM »
work around that worked for me was to edit responder then untick "Only send during this time period". This then allowed me to save

NB: down side here is "Only send during this time period " remains unticked which means you manually have to set it up on start date and remove again for your time window.

This is not a fix! just a work around that worked for me.

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2022, 05:00:05 AM »
Having the same problem. Can add an autoresponder but cannot edit it with out deleting it and starting over. Getting the database error. Any help from CWP admins?

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2022, 08:16:37 PM »
You set and edit autoresponders for individual mailboxes via the Roundcube Webmail interface.

Ditto for creating CC'ing & BCC'ing to other mailboxes.