Author Topic: Mail server error after update to Dovecot 2.3.14-5  (Read 5639 times)

Mail server error after update to Dovecot 2.3.14-5
« on: March 07, 2021, 03:15:18 AM »
Ran the updates tonight from Dovecot 2.3.14-4 to 2.3.14-5 and the mail server stopped responding.
Tried rebuilding the mail server, and still no joy.

Update is directly from the Dovecot repo at http://repo.dovecot.org/ce-2.3-latest/centos/$releasever/RPMS/$basearch

Anyone else run into this problem?

Re: Mail server error after update to Dovecot 2.3.14-5
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 04:26:58 AM »
@Igor S.

Any suggestions, other than reloading the older version?

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 11:46:02 AM »
Me too. Seems to have a major update.
The conf system has been changed completely apart from other things I suppose.

The problem reported by a user cannot log in to roundcube and the following error:
Before the update:  Warning: autocreate plugin is deprecated, use mailbox { auto } setting instead
After update: Error: Plugin 'autocreate' not found from directory /usr/lib64/dovecot

As the base system has been updated I think the solution is to fix the config files.

UPDATE: It is working now again. The solution was to Rebuild the mail services completely.
1. Check the log in /var/log/dovecot.log for errors. This is where I got the info above.
2. Tried to rename the dovecot.conf.rpmnew and use it as a main config file. Did not work as the conf.d folder files were not properly set. Ended up with going back to the original file.
3. Complete email service rebuild. After this I got the files updated as well and everything seems to be working.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 11:56:44 AM by gerasandor »

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 03:19:39 PM »
Dovecot Pigeonhole was a major update as well.

An acknowledgement from CWP would be nice at least to acknowledge the problem.

I tried a mailserver rebuild from within CWP and that didn't work. But that was under CWP 0.9.8.1048, and updates have come out since then.
Is this how you rebuilt your mail services?
Or was it a different way?

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 03:23:38 PM by Starburst »

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 07:06:37 AM »
Just ran the update for dovecot 2.3.14-5 under CWPpro 0.9.8.1051 and no problems.

Wish I knew what they fixed.
But oh well, it's working. That's all that matters.