Author Topic: How can I configure IPs?  (Read 4254 times)

How can I configure IPs?
« on: August 03, 2021, 02:01:32 PM »
Hi,

Again I am unlucky and I did not find in the documentation the way for this simply task.

I have a VPS with two public IPs, IP1 and IP2 and my questions are:
1. How can I use IP1 for the control panel (with an SSL certificate if possible).
2. What shall I do to configure IP1 as primary and  IP2 as secondary name servers?
3. What must be done to configure the IP1 as shared for domains without SSL certificate?
4. How I configure IP2 as private (as well as new ones) for domains with SSL certificates?

I already have this configuration with cPanel, now I appreciate your help to replicate this with CWP.

Thank you

Re: How can I configure IPs?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 06:13:28 PM »
Hi, two nameservers on one server do not make sense and you should not configure it. If your IP's already added you can choose one of them when an account creating. This IP will be used for all websites on the account.
You can ask me to solve any problem with your server for some money in pm  ;)
Services Monitoring & RBL Monitoring
http://centos-webpanel.com/services-monitor
Join our Development Team and get paid !
http://centos-webpanel.com/develope-modules-for-cwp

Installation Instructions
http://centos-webpanel.com/installation-instructions
Get Fast Support Here
http://centos-webpanel.com/support-services

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 10:24:56 PM »
Thank you Igor, there are a few things I have to understand:

two nameservers on one server do not make sense and you should not configure it.
How shall I set the secondary nameserver? I guess you define a DNS template to be used when you create a domain. If it is not in the same server: Where and how must it be deployed? The secondary nameserver in cPanel is not a backup (even when it works well) but mostly the configuration required to solve what the ns records demands. Mine is the typical cPanel (Plesk) configuration, I just want to understand how CWP does such a trivial thing.
If your IP's already added you can choose one of them when an account creating. This IP will be used for all websites on the account.
Does this mean if I choose and IP in use, such will be shared automatically? How do you know when an Ip is used by a domain to avoid share it when do not want to (as when you need SSL)?

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 08:32:27 AM »
Hi
What OS are you using?
You can set 2 nameservers DNS FUNCTIONS>EDIT NAMESERVERS. You will need the IP address of both nameservers. Update and restart CWP Nameservers will now be displayed on DASHBOARD in CWP Info Box 1st is your primary nameserver.
However if you are running Centos 7 set it all up in OS before loading CWP.
Good Luck!
Out of the darkness comes light......

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 01:18:02 PM »
Hi, two nameservers on one server do not make sense and you should not configure it. If your IP's already added you can choose one of them when an account creating. This IP will be used for all websites on the account.

Thank you. It helped me.
I don't know about the author of the topic ...

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 01:07:07 AM »
There are some cases where different nameservers are useful, for example, if you configure two containers via docker, but this does not apply.
BIND -
The named daemon generally automatically detects what form of IP networking to utilize, either IPv4 or IPv6. The -4 and -6 options allow you to force which will be used. If you specify the -4 option, then only IPv4 networking will be used, even if IPv6 networking is available. The -6 option dictates that only IPv6 networking will be used, even if IPv4 networking is available. These two options are mutually exclusive and cannot be specified on the command line together.
The -c option allows you to specify the location of the named configuration file. The default file the named daemon expects to find is /etc/named.conf. If you are running the named daemon in a chroot jail, then this location must be relative to the root directory of the jail. This is the configuration file: named2.conf
My site: Speedtest Telmex