Author Topic: Questions About Support Services And The Secure Kernel Installation Process  (Read 2694 times)

I just have a few questions before I sign up for support services.  I'm looking at getting either the business plan or the enterprise plan.  To make things easier, I'm just going to put them in a list.
  • How long would the process of installing the secure kernel take?  Would my server go down at all?
  • Does the process wipe the server and use a fresh install, or will my data remain?
  • Why would I need custom server rules?  Yes, I have a few of my own custom apps, but they are fairly basic database frontends.
  • Why do I want Nagios monitoring?  And which one is it?  I quickly glanced at their website, and saw multiple products.
  • What kind of performance checks are done and how often?  If there are any issues, do you fix them?
  • Would everything that you do with the server make it PCI Compliant?
I'm hoping that I can get a quick reply tho all of my questions.  I want to get the ball rolling on this.

• How long would the process of installing the secure kernel take?  Would my server go down at all?
downtime is only for boot time when booting with the new kernel

• Does the process wipe the server and use a fresh install, or will my data remain?
kernel installation is only kernel-related it has no anything with other data

• Why would I need custom server rules?  Yes, I have a few of my own custom apps, but they are fairly basic database frontends.
Custom rules are for custom exceptions to allow some specific process access to data, network or system...this is mostly for custom software which runs from the shell

• Why do I want Nagios monitoring?  And which one is it?  I quickly glanced at their website, and saw multiple products.
Nagios is server resources and services monitor this is when cwp support gets an info if your mysql for example is down and they check and recover it...that means you don't need to check the server.

• What kind of performance checks are done and how often?  If there are any issues, do you fix them?
basic checks related to server overload

• Would everything that you do with the server make it PCI Compliant?
with cwp support you need to check what exactly you need to have changed

VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

Sounds great!  Thank you for the response!  I'll be subscribing within the next few hours! :D