Author Topic: Use as POP3/Imap only  (Read 3222 times)

Use as POP3/Imap only
« on: November 02, 2021, 09:09:49 AM »
Hi,  Is it possible and simple to install CWP for use as a pop3/imap server only?
Possibly also for SMTPs as well.   I already have working DNS and web servers that I don't with to mess with.
I need to urgently create a POP3 mail server for multiple domains.
Any help appreciated.

Re: Use as POP3/Imap only
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 11:35:39 AM »
CWP installs all necessary software to support mail service (pop/imap/smtp) by default. So you just need to do:

1. Install CWP on some server
2. Create an account on your sever with CWP for the domain name you want to receive/send emails
3. Create the necessary mailboxes for the domain
4. Direct the MX record(s) of the domain to your CWP server

Moreover, you can automate the steps 2-3 using the API provided by CWP.

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 07:22:45 PM »
Thanks,  I gave it a try.
I have it installed and running, but not able to get my act together.
Can you details the steps a bit more please?   CWP for dummies if you will.
I have no idea about using an API, I am just a basic command line Centos user that's struggling to set up a new server because most people tend to forget that if I knew as much as you do, then I wouldn't need to be asking for help.
My need is to replace a corrupted legacy win2k POP3 server, hopefully very fast as I then have to dog out and put in as many domains and user accounts as I can find, then wait for the screaming to start when everyone wakes up in a few hours.

Any further help to just get me to understand the steps to 1) Create a new domain, then 2) create users for each domain and 3) just set it for POP3 as I don 't want all (except for a couple) to use IMAP and fill my HDD and make it my responsibility for backups.

Cheers

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 09:14:55 AM »
the best is that you use a support service if you don't want to waste your time on learning and testing
https://control-webpanel.com/support-services

However, all is very simple in cwp and similar to cpanel for configuration
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 01:31:27 AM »
Thanks,  I gave it a try.
I have it installed and running, but not able to get my act together.
Can you details the steps a bit more please?   CWP for dummies if you will.
I have no idea about using an API, I am just a basic command line Centos user that's struggling to set up a new server because most people tend to forget that if I knew as much as you do, then I wouldn't need to be asking for help.
My need is to replace a corrupted legacy win2k POP3 server, hopefully very fast as I then have to dog out and put in as many domains and user accounts as I can find, then wait for the screaming to start when everyone wakes up in a few hours.

Any further help to just get me to understand the steps to 1) Create a new domain, then 2) create users for each domain and 3) just set it for POP3 as I don 't want all (except for a couple) to use IMAP and fill my HDD and make it my responsibility for backups.

Cheers

Write me a PM and I'll help you set up the server