Author Topic: Nginx-Apache-WP Rocket  (Read 3857 times)

Nginx-Apache-WP Rocket
« on: January 08, 2022, 07:17:14 PM »
I'm just after a general opinion from anyone who may have run a mix like Nginx and Apache with a Wordpress plugin WP Rocket.
I'm asking as I get a little volatile response from cache now and then and find that I have to clear cache on server side as well as plugin often.
My knowledge of server side caching is limited and I'm keen not to be overdoing the cache setup.
Is there a better way... or is the setup I have ok?

Re: Nginx-Apache-WP Rocket
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 08:05:43 PM »
you can use nginx -> apache on CWP. Install a PHP, preferebly PHP FPM 7+ with redis and opcache
Install W3 Total cache plugin on wordpress and use a mix or redis and opcache with the plugin.
Configure redis and opcache first before starting using them on opcache.

I use Nginx - Apache with PHP 7.4 (caching modules: redis and opcache) + W3 total cache plugin. On top of that, I'm using gzip and other caching in htaccess and on top of that, I have it on Cloudflare.

I did notice that using varnish will be too aggressive if you have opcache as well. So, don't enable varnish.

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 08:13:40 PM »
Thanks that's really helpful.

I did have the server setup for Varnish, but have just set back to Nginx-Apache because, as you said, it was too aggressive. Fast!, but way too volatile.
I'm using PHP-FPM 7.3 and wondered what advantage php 8 might bring to the table.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 08:22:35 PM »
Thanks that's really helpful.

I did have the server setup for Varnish, but have just set back to Nginx-Apache because, as you said, it was too aggressive. Fast!, but way too volatile.
I'm using PHP-FPM 7.3 and wondered what advantage php 8 might bring to the table.

I'm no expert, but I would say you can wait with 7.3 or 7.4 and only change your domain to php 8 if you really need it or 7.4 is eol.

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 08:42:58 PM »
Sound advice, you've been very helpful. Thanks again  :)

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 10:09:02 PM »
Sound advice, you've been very helpful. Thanks again  :)

you are welcome