Author Topic: WP Script not working as I install and can't login to dashboard.  (Read 2959 times)

WP Script not working as I install and can't login to dashboard.
« on: December 01, 2021, 03:44:18 PM »
Since I ran some updates last I haven't created a new user in CWP and installed a new WordPress site.  But, last night I attempted and no matter if I use a certain username or not, I can install WordPress.  But, I can't login . If I manually install the username and password, I can login but it takes me to the site and NOT the WordPress dashboard. Any ideas?

I am using CWP pro and updated to the latest of everything. When installer WordPress I can reach the site going to the domain.com/wp-admin.  But, I get a login, my user doesn't exist i created during the script install, and when i manually create it in phpmyadmin, I get logged into the website home page and not the dashboard of WordPress.  Any ideas?

Re: WP Script not working as I install and can't login to dashboard.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 04:22:00 PM »
If your WordPress installation does not have a user, WordPress shows you a window to set up a user. If you get the window with only a password and a user, a user already exists, which is probably set up by you.

So I don't understand why you set it up manually in PhpMyAdmin. You don't need to do that, actually.