Author Topic: Cannot access website without saving database permissions and password twice  (Read 2826 times)

I have noticed a frequent issue with CWP whenever I migrate a website to my server. If I manually create the database and add all the permissions, I mean "ALL" permissions from CWP GUI, I noticed I still won't be able to access the website in question, unless I go back to the MySQL Manager, set the password again (even if it's the same password as before) and also save the permissions of the user again.

It's almost like the first time I create the database and set the password and permissions, it's not saved properly by CWP unless I repeat the process again, more like re-enforcing it. I do not know if it's a bug or I am doing it wrong. Any ideas why this is happening?

Not sure if I can help, but can you make sure through PhpMyAdmin that the account is added with the correct permissions when creating the account for the first time with the Mysql manager?

It is also possible that the site has some aggressive caching and is using old credentials?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 11:43:49 AM by iraqiboy90 »

I have noticed a frequent issue with CWP whenever I migrate a website to my server. If I manually create the database and add all the permissions, I mean "ALL" permissions from CWP GUI, I noticed I still won't be able to access the website in question, unless I go back to the MySQL Manager, set the password again (even if it's the same password as before) and also save the permissions of the user again.

It's almost like the first time I create the database and set the password and permissions, it's not saved properly by CWP unless I repeat the process again, more like re-enforcing it. I do not know if it's a bug or I am doing it wrong. Any ideas why this is happening?

hi contact us via support portal and add this topic link there and also add some example where we can check it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 05:43:54 PM by Sandeep »

...I noticed I still won't be able to access the website in question, unless I go back to the MySQL Manager, set the password again (even if it's the same password as before)...

This is still an issue. I migrated a few websites from CWP to CWP and couldn't figure out why I could not access the websites. I spent a few hours trying a lot of different things to no avail. Finally, I came across your post. I too had to change the password for every account. I just used the original passwords.