Author Topic: About blacklist UCEPROTECT  (Read 2744 times)

About blacklist UCEPROTECT
« on: March 22, 2022, 09:09:50 AM »
Hi, yesterday found out that my Ip is in blacklist.

So the question is how to resolve it?
Reading
http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php
UCEPROTECT-Level 1 OK

UCEPROTECT-Level 2 blacklist
Who is responsible for this listing?
YOU ARE NOT!. Your IP was NOT directly involved in abuse, but has a bad neighborhood...

UCEPROTECT-Level 3 blacklist
As you should know now: It is not you, it is your complete provider which got UCEPROTECT-Level 3 listed.
Your IP was NOT part of abusive action, but you are the one that has freely chosen your provider.

So, is that my IS providers fault and I need to send him this info to resolve this issue?

Any opinion, any idea, I would appreciate.
Thank you

Re: About blacklist UCEPROTECT
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 09:18:50 AM »
I had this problem with level 3. It was a big mess trying to solve it. Short version, you can't fix it yourself.
The most important information for you is: DO NOT PAY FOR WHITELISTING.
This is how they stay alive. This is a shady business that operates with extortionist style blacklists. Just google "uceprotect extortion"

My story is that I knew who could try to fix it; The owner of the IP. No, not the one that gave me the IP, but the owner themselves. They value their IP addresses very much. So if someone abuses it they will try to solve it. In my case, one IP of 7000 IPs has sent spam. So UCEPROTECT blacklisted the entire ASN (aka ISP)

Contact your IP provider, whoever gave you the IP, and they will find the right channels to report this on. My hosting provider's owner took this seriously and escalated the matter until it was solved.

If your IP provider doesnt help you or take you seriously, find another hosting provider that has IPs that doesnt start with the same two sets of IP. I.e. if your current IP is 123.245.123.123. Find a provider that doesnt give you the same first two parts: 123.245.x.x
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 09:25:10 AM by iraqiboy90 »

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 02:13:40 PM »
Because you are LEVEL2, my only recommendation is Run away from your Host and find a new one.

If they let spamming get that bad, your only going to find that it's a reoccurring issue.

If you have the ear of a gov't official, contact them.  Especially Attorney Generals.  Because what UCPROTECT and GOOGLE are both doing is highly illegal, but they are allowed to get away with it.
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2022, 02:40:06 PM »
It depends on IS provider or were the IS providers get the IP addresses?

No other option in my region away able for other IS provider....  :'(

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2022, 05:40:49 PM »
No offense mate, but you aren't tied to a specific region for choosing hosting providers.  I have Servers in the US, Lituania, UK, Peru, US, and Indonesia.  All of them have relatively the same latency from my base location in the US.

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 08:43:31 AM »
I have a physical server and IS provides static IP.

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2022, 07:13:52 PM »
Ultimately, you have 3 options then.

1)  Contact the ISP, see if they have IP's in a different range.  Check the new ranges before requesting a change

2)  Use a 3rd party Mail Provider.

3)  Find a cheap VPS that has clean IP's to run your mail service