Author Topic: Bug with CWP - Template Editor Pages  (Read 4582 times)

Bug with CWP - Template Editor Pages
« on: April 14, 2022, 07:26:01 AM »
Dear CWP Team or anyone experienced , can you please help me with a bug i am facing with CWP .

Actually , In CWP template editor pages - i customize the HTML code ( index page design ) & save it , but after a days or two , its again back to default one ( default cwp index page ) with all codes reset .

Its create a huge pressure on me to change the same template again & again , and every time after few days its revert to default , altering all my changes .

Can anyone please help or suggest me what to do .
Thanks in advance !

Re: Bug with CWP - Template Editor Pages
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 12:19:52 PM »
When CWP updates, it overwrites all changes you make to the files that come with the software.  Unfortunately, there is no way around this.
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 12:34:36 PM »
Thanks so much sir for your response .

Can we use any Cron Job to counter this issue , as after updates all templates editor codes get overwritten and create a pressure to check & correct manually .

Please guide me/us if there any way & if not , i humbly request the CWP team to solve this issue in upcoming updates .

Waiting for help/response , thanks in advance .

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 12:54:32 PM »
you could make a cronjob to check if the file is modified, and copy your template if it's reverted.

Probably the easiest way to do this, is in your modified index.html file, add "  <meta name="modified">  "

then in a bash script do the following:
Code: [Select]
if [ "$(grep -c '<meta name="modified"' /usr/local/apache/htdocs/index.html)" == 0 ] ; then
                cp /usr/local/apache/htdocs/index.tpl /usr/local/apache/htdocs/index.html
        fi

then just make your changes in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/index.tpl

make sure to chmod your shell script 755, and add a cronjob to run as often as you want to point to that script
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 01:15:16 PM »
Thanks so much sir , your responses made my day .
I will try this both , unfortunately i am new to all this linux commands and it may be difficult for me .

I hope CWP will soon fix it .

Again , thanks so much sir .
CWP forum is great , i get all my doubts solved within a day .

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2022, 05:00:15 PM »
you can't modify existing templates, you need to search wiki for info, this info exists from 2019
http://wiki.centos-webpanel.com/custom-account-templates
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2022, 04:54:13 AM »
Thanks , @studio4host
Means , we can use our own templates for new users following above mentioned steps and it will not revert back after next cwp update?

Currently ,there no benefits of CWP pro plan with template editor pages .

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2022, 08:45:22 AM »
* Custom templates are required if you plan to make custom changes as default templates get overwritten on each CWP update.
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.