Author Topic: Any Way To Exclude A Folder For Backup?  (Read 1905 times)

Any Way To Exclude A Folder For Backup?
« on: October 28, 2022, 05:19:32 PM »
I currently have all users on my server backing up to the /backup folder. The problem with this is I use Nextcloud and it has gotten very large on my harddrive space. This has caused the /dev/mapper/centos-root folder to get to 40% which is a 2TB size disk.

So my question is, can I exclude just the Nextcloud folder on this account from being backed up so I can save space?

Anyone have an idea to achieve this?

Re: Any Way To Exclude A Folder For Backup?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 01:34:53 AM »
I currently have all users on my server backing up to the /backup folder. The problem with this is I use Nextcloud and it has gotten very large on my harddrive space. This has caused the /dev/mapper/centos-root folder to get to 40% which is a 2TB size disk.

So my question is, can I exclude just the Nextcloud folder on this account from being backed up so I can save space?

Anyone have an idea to achieve this?

we can change the backup folder.... aren't  we ?
mount and point there

btw nexcloud to backup cwp ? are you sure for security is good ?

Re: Any Way To Exclude A Folder For Backup?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 09:31:56 PM »
I dont think you understood my question. Let me try to explain better....

First, let me say I am not backing up CWP with Nextcloud. I have installed Nextcloud on a domain on CWP and it has gotten large. It seems in CWP I can not back-up individual domains, I can only backup the full account or nothing. Is there a way to change this?