Author Topic: PHOTO ATTACHEMENTS  (Read 2309 times)

PHOTO ATTACHEMENTS
« on: December 22, 2022, 10:28:11 PM »
IT'S CRAZY THAT THIS FORUM WILL NOT ALLOW PHOTO ATTACHEMENTS.
Listen to everything Pixelpadre says.

Re: PHOTO ATTACHEMENTS
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2022, 03:17:57 AM »
look like we are alone now...

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 04:22:14 AM »
The [ img ]  tag works as you would expect, the image file just needs to be hosted somewhere.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 10:26:00 AM »
Why do you say that we are alone, not knowing how to attach an image?

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 02:13:49 PM »

probably because there is no information or interaction from the CWP team, and 3 of the most active members posted on this thread.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2023, 02:26:26 AM »
I'm just here to help. Literally. I just want to contribute back to the community and offer whatever shared experience I can. I mostly use this forum as personal documentation for what I've discovered while setting up my several CWP servers. That way I can refer back to my own posts as I set up more servers. Not to mention gleaning from others' solutions and experiences, and occasionally tapping into advice from the devs/staff that frequent the forum. This is a valuable resource and I hope to keep up interest in it and offer free support to anyone coming with questions I may be able to answer.

My greatest concern with the forum is not about image attachments or custom avatars -- it's more that the forum software is years out of date and subject to security vulnerabilities. I wanted to put out the offer to the staff if they need any help upgrading to the latest Simple Machines release, I would be glad to contribute. (If even to fork a copy of the current forum and do a testbed upgrade to ensure that an upgrade to current levels would go smoothly, I could offer that.)

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2023, 10:37:31 AM »
Embedding a url link IS NOT THE SAME AS UPLOADING A FILE.

GEEZ

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2023, 12:53:54 PM »
No, it's not the same. It's called a workaround.

It's probably a conscious choice of the devs because image files can be a vector for security exploits -- and lord knows this forum software is vulnerable, being so far out of date!

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2023, 10:46:35 AM »
Agree that this forum software is a corpse from a decade ago...like everything else