Author Topic: Centos 7 End of life 2024  (Read 312 times)

Centos 7 End of life 2024
« on: February 17, 2024, 02:09:09 AM »
https://blog.centos.org/2023/04/end-dates-are-coming-for-centos-stream-8-and-centos-linux-7/

Does this mean my server and web panel will no longer work? Or will it still work and just have no further updates?
I plan to upgrade everything in the next few months, but I am not fully sure how the Centos API system works and if Centos will be taking it all down making my server no longer operational until I upgrade or switch to something new.

Re: Centos 7 End of life 2024
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 03:53:01 AM »
No one is going to rip out the bottom of your house of cards and then it all comes crashing down. It just won't receive support or updates (although extended paid support is available if you so desire). I'm in the same boat with CentOS 7.9 servers running CWP Pro and EOL is only a couple of months away. I am about to migrate (ELevate) to AlmaLinux 8 with CWP for EL8 It's supported until almost the end of the decade, so it is a safe bet. And if CWP does fully support EL9 releases, there is a clear upgrade path to AlmaLinux 9.

Re: Centos 7 End of life 2024
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 01:14:40 PM »
Yup. At midnight on 2024-06-30 all CentOS 7 system will cease to function.

To avoid this, you will need to power them down before midnight, and when you turn them on in the morning, make sure to manually change the date.

[Yes, this was sarcasm/joke, like the Y2K bug was].

You have a couple options like @overseer mentioned.

ELevate to AlmaLinux 8 or extended support from TuxCare for CentOS 7.

With the far far away EOL for AlmaLinux 8, I personally think CWP is going to leapfrog 9.
But time will tell.