Author Topic: How to improve site speed and security  (Read 1302 times)

How to improve site speed and security
« on: May 10, 2023, 07:08:07 AM »
Good morning ...
I'm a new member and a new subscriber to the control panel (CWP pro)
Are there explanations to adjust and improve the speed of browsing the site?
----
What are the best settings to set server protection through a control panel?

Re: How to improve site speed and security
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 07:57:56 AM »
Hi,

If you don't want to buy the Litespeed license and spend on your time to redesign apache mod_rewrite rules for Nginx then on my opinion the better performance will be delivered by the webserver configuration: Nginx+Apache (php+fpm)

Additionally, the following configuration will allow you to enable Web Application Firewall (WAF) mod_security for your websites. mod_security blocks suspicious HTTP/HTTPS requests. However, the default mod_rewrite rules offered by CWP (Pro) causes false positive alarms. So it  is better to review the mod_security logs from time to time to find and analyze the blocked HTTP/HTTPS requests. If the alarm is false positive then you can disable the problematic rule(s) over .htaccess of your website.

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2023, 01:19:46 PM »
Agreed with the Nginx recommendation -- it will offer you more "bang for your buck" in terms of being more performant than Apache. But it will add some complexity to your configuration and will not allow customers to use .htaccess files -- so you will need to translate any .htaccess directives from Apache syntax over to an Nginx equivalent.

If you do go with mod_security, I would recommend starting with the Comodo ruleset (available in CWP Pro). It is more beginner-friendly and less prone to generating false positives.

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 04:45:15 PM »
Hi,

If you don't want to buy the Litespeed license and spend on your time to redesign apache mod_rewrite rules for Nginx then on my opinion the better performance will be delivered by the webserver configuration: Nginx+Apache (php+fpm) ...

Hello, as a new member (and webservers newbie ) let me post my 1st silly question:
please can You describe the right sequence to get installed and working Nginx->Varnish->Apache option ?
I mean : before to select last option in "Setup default Web Servers" , what surely needs to be setup and after in the "Manage WebServers Configuration" [for users] . I tried many way but I'm getting just  Nginx error codes on browser "Service not available" and so on.
If some good man want to spend a bit of his time, I thank You in advance.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 05:02:15 PM by 147536 »

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 05:59:29 PM »
I just see the page with the infos I need.
Sorry, You can ignore my previous post