Author Topic: one account to use a remote DNS server?  (Read 1127 times)

one account to use a remote DNS server?
« on: May 15, 2023, 02:43:35 PM »
Can one account be enabled to use a remote DNS server? If so, how? I do not see anything that mentions this.

I set up a new account (domain) and installed the site on my CWP7 instance, and then pointed the A record of this new account, which is using a remote DNS provider, to my CWP7 instance, and it just hits my CWP7 Test Page, not the page that it should.

If I change the DNS to my CWP7 instance, everything works correctly, but unfortunately, I need to use remote DNS with the client.

Re: one account to use a remote DNS server?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 06:50:36 PM »
You shouldn't have any problem using a 3rd party DNS.

Just make sure you point to the Shared IP in the A record, and that's the one you are selecting when you setup the account.

Most of the problems I've seen have been due to that.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 07:21:10 PM »
If I redirect the A record to the shared IP, it ends up on the HTTP Test Page powered by CWP | CentOS-WebPanel.com. It's not getting directed to the proper page I set up under the user's account. But if I host the DNS in CWP, it loads as it should. Just wondering if there is something I need to change in the account or in CWP for it to recognize the incoming domain name and load the correct site.

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2023, 09:52:07 PM »
View your Apache vhosts .conf file and make sure it has the right IP address.

CWP should have done that automatically, but it sounds like something isn't matching up.

Also are you behind a NAT or anything?

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2023, 02:15:35 PM »
I appreciate your help! The issue was with Cloudflare, I needed to turn off the proxy during setup, and once the site resolved successfully, I could turn the proxy back on without any issues.

Thanks again.