Author Topic: I'm trying to import a theme demo under WordPress, but I getting error....  (Read 1644 times)

Hi,

I'm trying to import a theme demo under WordPress, but I keep getting in log file this error:
[Wed Jun 07 11:53:09.559293 2023] [core:error] [pid 1XXX:tid 140346276878080] [client XX.XX.XX.XXX:XXXXX] Script timed out before returning headers: admin-ajax.php, referer: https:// xxxxxxx.eu/wp-admin/themes.php?page=rigid-optionsframework

what could be the problem...

Thanks in advance!

BR
Venty

Does the error appear immediately once you run a task or the task work for a while and then appears ?

Hi,

the task starts to crash and the error appears several times until finally it returns me a message in the browser Error 500: Timed out....

thanks in advance1

BR
Venty

What kind of Webserver and php configuration do you use (nginx+php-fpm, nginx+apache+php-fpm/suphp, something else) ?

I tested with nginx+varnish + apache+php-fpm, but I tested and with nginx apache+php-fpm, and apache - cgi...

PHP v. 8.1.19

I assume your script works too long and the server stops the script before it finishes the job.

You need to look at the settings like:

php:
Code: [Select]
max_input_time
max_execution_time

Apache:
Timeout
FCGI:
FcgidIdleTimeout
FcgidBusyTimeout
FcgidProcessLifeTime
FcgidIOTimeout

Nginx:
proxy_connect_timeout
proxy_send_timeout
proxy_read_timeout

Make backups of the config files and increase values if values are low.

Don't firget to restart the services after the changes to apply new settings.

check timeout and memory limits for this website

Hi,
I have a server installed and managed by CWP, I use PHP 8.1.20...

I have WordPress installed and a theme for which I need to run the demo... but it doesn't work, it keeps giving me a timeout..

I received the following response from the author of the theme:

"The only reason we can think of is that the server where you are running the import from can’t reach following url: https://ХХ.wp.com . It is needed because it downloads all images used in the demo from there.

This could lead the script to timeout and we are forcing it to try again up to 10 times before failing at the end.

This is the only reason we can think of. So if above suggestion doesn’t work, the only other way is to use hosting service."

Please help, what to do or which settings to change...

Thanks in advance!

BR
Venty

Test with the CSF firewall disabled. Are you running any web application firewalls (Wordfence) or security plugins (iThemes Secrity) which may be interfering?