Author Topic: Any update on a CWP release for CENTOS 9 Delayed Stream?  (Read 3810 times)

Re: Any update on a CWP release for CENTOS 9 Delayed Stream?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2024, 11:45:40 AM »
And if you have to make major changes to the code, just to turn around and have to do it over in a  couple years might not make sense.
It's for sure wouldnt need major changes. EL 8 and 9 doesn't different a much, but few catalogs could be in other places, but almost all used packets are the same... Most if not all will be at the same places.
And Centos Web Panel used many scripts and others software packages or source, and it build own php, so its require a little of test, moreover there is so much el systems now: Almalinux, rocky Linux, RedHat Enterprise, Centos Stream, OracleLinux etc.
So it require a little more tests, and eventaully write differences (up now i guest when i look install script there was none for wchichover but could happen) per system or looking step by step why smth not work and how repair that.

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2024, 07:34:09 PM »
I am willing to test under Oracle Linux 9 (RHEL9 compatible), both native on hardware as well as virtualized under TrueNAS SCALE.

I am currently running CENTOS 7 / CWP both as a VM and native on hardware.

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2024, 10:09:00 PM »
RHEL Clone 9 Testing is ongoing.
Problem seems to be libraries are in different locations, and names.

We have semi-successfully upgraded AlmaLinux 8 to AlmaLinux 9.
Everything seems to work, except PHP rebuilding.

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2024, 11:41:03 PM »
I know a lot of this is rambling and wishful thinking but if there is a way to test the El9 copies, I would be interested also I know it says cwp panel but sometimes CentOS really gets on my nerves.. and to run this program is the only reason I even run cintas everything else is in debian

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2024, 12:45:37 AM »
No one is going to use a beta OS like CentOS Stream for a production server.

So the only real options are AlmaLinux & CloudLinux (same developers), or Rocky.

See: https://forum.centos-webpanel.com/index.php?topic=13527.0