Author Topic: Paid server management ????  (Read 1431 times)

Paid server management ????
« on: December 18, 2023, 09:05:07 PM »
I have paid for server management and the CWP respondent has stated it was not included in their support, this has happened every time I have opened a ticket... I need a paid support person that understands that managing a server includes tasks required to manage a server... Any Ideas?  My main server guy is pushing me to get rid of CWP and go with webmin as we use DA for our hosting servers and just use CWP for our own sites.

Re: Paid server management ????
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2023, 09:25:27 PM »
Paid support is just that  Support.  Server management involves doing updates, service tweaking etc.  When you pay for support, you are getting help with a specific issue, not a lifelong help to keep your server running.   Even if you paid for a software like Cpanel monthly, you would NEVER get an independent support agent to manage your server for you.
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2023, 04:21:59 PM »
see, YOU are saying what the rep says BUT this is what the website says "Managed Support
Monthly Guarantee
We understand that continuous monitoring and updates can be a pain to take care of, especially when you have multiple servers and many things that need to be handled. That’s is why Managed support is the best option for you."

CLEARLY what I expect is fully stated in this description and what you attest is just a small fraction of this description... We have been in business since 2003 and I personally created my first website in 1997...so I have a very good idea of what to expect... we also run about 20 servers and only 4 of them are CWP,
additionally the little check boxes of the plan comparisons also say my expectations are accurate... https://control-webpanel.com/support-services

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 05:54:25 PM »
At https://control-webpanel.com/support-services
It clearly states just, SERVER SECURITY CONFIGURATION, SERVER PERFORMANCE CONFIGURATION, THIRD PARTY APPS INSTALLATION, REAL-TIME SERVER MONITORING.

And under Monthly Guarantee for $12.99/Month:
We understand that continuous monitoring and updates can be a pain to take care of, especially when you have multiple servers and many things that need to be handled. That’s is why Managed support is the best option for you.

Your not going to get a Managed Server service for US$12.99/month. And says 'Monitoring & updates'.

Even at around $150/month you usually only get 2-3 hours of included support per month.

From your initial post, sounds like your inhouse admin is use to Webmin & DirectAdmin, and manually editing configuration files.

Unfortunately, that sounds like it might be the best course for you to stay with.
Multiple different OS's and control panels can cause eye's to start getting crossed.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2024, 09:18:00 PM »
Totally amazing that specific check boxes outlining services provided with zero ambiguity can still be argued by people that base their livelihood on an industry where even one comma or space makes a difference. ALL the monthly paid support packages clearly state what they offer and nothing I have requested was even close to the edge of this, therefore no interpretation would be necessary.
So how about STOP arguing with FACTS as your opinion seems to als conflict with the clear terms and tasks outlined on their website.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2024, 10:27:04 PM »
I'm firmly on the DIY track. Self-managed, self supported -- apart from knowledge gleaning here.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 05:07:25 AM »
Totally amazing that specific check boxes outlining services provided with zero ambiguity can still be argued by people that base their livelihood on an industry where even one comma or space makes a difference. ALL the monthly paid support packages clearly state what they offer and nothing I have requested was even close to the edge of this, therefore no interpretation would be necessary.
So how about STOP arguing with FACTS as your opinion seems to als conflict with the clear terms and tasks outlined on their website.

I just quoted the FACTS from the page.

What 'management' are you requesting then?

What specific task you requested, so we all can see if it was or not on that list.

Hence it's hard to interpret anything, since you just post a generic statement that they are not managing your server.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2024, 12:56:45 AM »
It can not be ANY clearer what is offered and at which price point///I have tried ALL the tiers... Faced the same "that is not included" on each one REGARDLESS of the request I was making.
AGAIN, been in business and OWN my own servers for over 20 years...
EVERY request I have made was directly related to a php error...

https://control-webpanel.com/support-services

Q: Do you offer complete server administration?
A: Yes, simply order the Enterprise support plan and you can rest while we manage your CWP server.

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2024, 01:13:26 AM »
Sounds like you are unhappy with CWP.

Maybe you should follow your sys admins advice, cancel and just use Directadmin on all of your servers.

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2024, 03:24:41 AM »
Or Webmin/Usermin.

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2024, 01:06:22 PM »
@overseer In the initial post, they stated all their other servers ran DA (Directadmin), and that's what their sys admin knows, except this 1 server they installed CWP for some reason.

But haven't done anything but bash & complain about CWP.

Which is why I suggested they just make this server DA like the rest of theirs, since they are so unhappy with CWP.

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2024, 03:19:41 PM »
Suggesting Webmin/Usermin is a bit of a joke -- I do have Webmin on a couple of lower key servers (but do most work on them in the CLI), but I'd rather poke out my eyes with a stick than rely on it for these hosting use case servers.

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2024, 05:09:50 PM »
Ah, gotcha.

I use Webmin on a Zabbix box running AlmaLinux 9.
But more just to monitor stuff.