Author Topic: reboot problem  (Read 995 times)

reboot problem
« on: January 18, 2024, 11:40:41 AM »
When I send the reboot command from the cwp panel, when the system is turned on, the network does not work, that is, even the ping light on the modem does not turn on. But when I restart the server manually, the system works without any problems.

Re: reboot problem
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 05:40:04 PM »
Depends on your config.

The best way to is SSH into the remote server, and from the CLI enter: shutdown -r now

Or if things are really stuck, login to your providers control panel and do a Reboot from there.
It usually also offers a VNC/Terminal connection.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 01:49:27 PM »
The result is the same. Even though I send a reset from the cwp terminal, the network does not start. However, when I click on restart from the computer, the problem does not occur.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2024, 08:59:46 PM »
If your server doesn't reboot from the CLI using 'shutdown -r now', then you need to contact your provider.
You did SSH into the server as advised?

If your network doesn't start, how are you connecting to the server?
Or is this a local box?

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2024, 11:31:20 PM »

My server is local. I have to go to the computer and restart it. Moreover
 I also tried 'shutdown -r now' command remotely. unsuccessful  :-\

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2024, 01:57:52 AM »
If 'reboot' or 'shutdown -r now' doesn't work from the CLI, then there was an installation problem somewhere.

You could check your BIOS, but that should only control the power state after a power failure.

What OS are you running?

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2024, 05:28:49 PM »
Test these commands individually:
Code: [Select]
reboot
shutdown -r
shutdown -h now
(The latter being a true shutdown command, to see if you experience different behavior.) Also, give them ample time to complete (2-5 minutes). Sometimes on slower hardware or with a busy DB it takes a minute to exit cleanly -- or could indicate that something is hanging and not exiting, resulting in it being stuck and not shutting down.

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2024, 10:07:54 PM »
The 'shutdown' command is just a symlink to systemctl.
If the system does not answer 'shotdown' command, may be needed to try directly the systemctl command:
systemctl reboot
If the command does not work, you must need to investigate the logs, with the command:
journalctl -xe
If you don't undestand the logs, post the related lines here.

Regards,
Netino