Author Topic: Exclude a directory  (Read 16953 times)

Exclude a directory
« on: April 14, 2016, 02:00:21 PM »
Hi,

How can i ignore a directory?

For example /home/user/video directory has 5k videos, i do not want to backup the video directory.

Thanks for your replies.

Re: Exclude a directory
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 10:00:36 PM »
you can disable backup for that account and create some custom script for backup
AntiDDoS Protection (web + mail)
http://centos-webpanel.com/website-ddos-protection-proxy

Join our Development Team and get paid !
http://centos-webpanel.com/develope-modules-for-cwp

Services Monitoring & RBL Monitoring
http://centos-webpanel.com/services-monitor

Do you need Fast and FREE Support included for your CWP linux server?
http://centos-webpanel.com/noc-partner-list
Installation Instructions
http://centos-webpanel.com/installation-instructions
Get Fast Support Here
http://centos-webpanel.com/support-services

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 01:20:45 PM »
have you got any script for that purpose?

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 01:31:56 PM »
for custom request contact cwp support

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 02:11:54 PM »
A native option like cpbackup-exclude.conf for cPanel could be very useful.
I use it to excluding cache files using a pattern, so I can save a lot of backup space and speeding up the backup operation.

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 02:45:27 PM »
A native option like cpbackup-exclude.conf for cPanel could be very useful.
I use it to excluding cache files using a pattern, so I can save a lot of backup space and speeding up the backup operation.
Agreed, exclusions are an essential part of any backup regime and is standard practice. Otherwise it's just an amateur approach.

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2023, 09:20:10 AM »
Hello. we really need to exclude cache directories for backups.
How can we do that without creating custom backup scripts?
Since we have a backup system, it should have the ability to exclud directories at root level and at user level.

I have 30 websites on wordpress with cache and i want to exclude hundreds of GB of cached backups.
And also, for certain users we want to exclude certain folders.
It is possible to do this without paying for a custom script?
Is not about payment, but is about having something custom for the server, which requires reconfiguration in case of new install.
I use several licenses for some years already.

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2023, 06:08:28 PM »

I can guarantee you that the answer is no.  They have gotten extremely greedy, and they want user to pay for the most basic features.

PHP-FPM is a great example.  Want to use a completely free software that they did not develop? Be prepared to shell out a monthly fee.

Want to use Comodo WAF?  Another completely free software that they did not develop.  Again, monthly fee.

Want to have your server be secured by having things like phpMyAdmin, Roundcube, etc auto update?  Too bad!  You need to pay for that!

And since we're on the topic of security, want to use free scanners (again, not developed by them) like Maldet Scan, RKHunter Scan, Lynis Scan, and SymLink Scan?  Sucks to be you if you don't pay.

And here's the kicker!  If you do pay for support and get all these options, the people who handle the tickets will constantly break things, and then blame it on you.  This happened so many times!  It's like they scrape the bottom of the barrel to find people to work for them.  They have no idea what they are doing, but are more than happy to blame you for their mistakes.

Their greed is going to completely kill their business.

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2023, 06:23:06 PM »

I can guarantee you that the answer is no.  They have gotten extremely greedy, and they want user to pay for the most basic features.

PHP-FPM is a great example.  Want to use a completely free software that they did not develop? Be prepared to shell out a monthly fee.

Want to use Comodo WAF?  Another completely free software that they did not develop.  Again, monthly fee.

Want to have your server be secured by having things like phpMyAdmin, Roundcube, etc auto update?  Too bad!  You need to pay for that!

And since we're on the topic of security, want to use free scanners (again, not developed by them) like Maldet Scan, RKHunter Scan, Lynis Scan, and SymLink Scan?  Sucks to be you if you don't pay.

And here's the kicker!  If you do pay for support and get all these options, the people who handle the tickets will constantly break things, and then blame it on you.  This happened so many times!  It's like they scrape the bottom of the barrel to find people to work for them.  They have no idea what they are doing, but are more than happy to blame you for their mistakes.

Their greed is going to completely kill their business.

Must be something new, because i use PHP-FPM, Comodo WAF and all the stuff you mention, and i don't pay monthly for anything.

All i have is a pro license and thats it.

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2023, 06:26:27 PM »
Must be something new, because i use PHP-FPM, Comodo WAF and all the stuff you mention, and i don't pay monthly for anything.

All i have is a pro license and thats it.

That is what you pay for.

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2023, 06:28:04 PM »
so we are talking about 10€ per year?

really? yes they are so greedy

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2023, 06:32:20 PM »
so we are talking about 10€ per year?

really? yes they are so greedy

To put free software that they took from someone else behind a paywall is greed.  It's not about the price.  It's the fact that they want to charge to use other people's work instead of developing their own features that justify paying.  None of the money they get goes towards the people that actually did the work.  They pocket it and try to find more free software that they can charge for.

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2023, 09:49:32 PM »
The $!/month fee for cwp pro is right.
BEFORE MAKE ANY COMMENT, PLEASE READE BELOW THE "HOWEVER" PART TOO
If you expect to get a product like this for free and you are not willing to pay 1$/month, i believe the problem is on your side.
If you want, i pay for your pro license, really, this is cheap as hell.

After i used 12 years cPanel and 3 years CWp, i can tell you that CWp is way better at this time than cpanel it is.
If you complain about CWP, i should tell you that if you host 200 websites on your server and use cpanel, you pay maybe $200/month and is not so stable and secure and fast ans liote as CWP is.
More than that cpanel is spreading vulnerabilities all over the places, in order for you to get hack, to force you to pay extra few hundred dollars per month for the security plugins.

So you will endup with a much slower server, with ways less resourcess available, way less secure and with hundreds of times more money paid.
This perspective shows that cPanel is the greedy one and cwp is a way better alternative which worth it's pro license money too.

HOWEVER HOWEVER HOWEVER!!!!

- I agree with you that CWp got greedy with their support packages.
- They made cwp with less important features, in order for you pay for their support.
- AND YES THEIR SUPPORT IS AWFULL! I paid them to fix some of their problems and it took more than one week to communicate with the support after i paid!
- YES the support people are stupid and unexperienced! they broke my server entirely after i paid them to fix something caused by CWP.
- YES they can be considered greedy because they did not implemented some basic needs, and ask you for money for support; while this support means they create some perl script for you (which they already have created a while ago) and implement those scripts for you in a way that you cannot replicate it on another server.
- YES it is awfull that they do this and is way bad, since if you need to reinstall your server, you must pay them again for the support of adding you again the same configurations that you paid for.
- These tactics are illegal in every country in the world, being considered as criminal activities, especially when mostly, they cause you to reinstall the server.

Beside those problems, CWp is a great product and is very bad that they made such a great product, but with such a shady way of making money of it.
If anyone from CWP read this, please consider to create a bigger package than PRO, more expensive, but with all the basic features integrated, so if we want to install a server 20 times per month, we shall be able to have all the configuration we want, without spending money and time for support and without using scripts that are not part of the CWP.
hidden scripts for our needs is not a good idea when we use UI. They should alwais be there available for anyone who pays for them. No need to pay for "support". Siply but an activation button and pay on demand.

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2023, 09:51:52 PM »
An by the way, incremental backup is not incremental! It only copy files every day, without copying only the modified files.
The existing incremental backup is not incremental at all.
And is so easy to make an incremental backup with rsync, why do you need to copy again and again all the files every day?