Author Topic: Edit zone records throws error:  (Read 12217 times)

Edit zone records throws error:
« on: June 07, 2016, 04:17:29 PM »
Hi Support,

List of DNS Zone files from /var/named/

When I try to edit a zone record it throws following error:

Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/modules/zone_editor.php(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 98

What other information would you require other than that this;

Apache version: Apache/2.2.27
PHP version: 5.6.14 [PHP Switcher]
MySQL version: 10.1.14-MariaDB
FTP version: 1.0.36

Edit: I switched back to the default PHP 5.4.45 version, but error still exists.
More edit: the file is encoded so I can't check what variable is going wrong in conversion...

I can't imagine I am the  only one with this problem, am I?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 10:32:04 PM by TheRavenKing »

Re: Edit zone records throws error:
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 09:08:52 AM »
It would be much appreciated if someone could confirm I have done something wrong and this is not a bug, but me stupid!

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 09:22:33 AM »
OK, I give it one more try to install a new server, but all those php errors let me believe it is not going to be fixed and support in the bugs forum is not giving much confidence at the moment. perhaps better to stay with cPanel.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 06:50:36 PM »
Same issue and no reply.

Back to cPanel.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 11:08:15 AM »
hello, try logout & clean cookies your browser.

after login & share the result.

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 01:33:31 PM »
This is the result;

Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/modules/zone_editor.php(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 98

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 09:40:07 AM »
Sure, and I am happy to give feedback and try to sort issues, but it is waiting for weeks and no feedback from the developers.
Just very frustrating as you can understand, I found so many things what need to be sorted and can give the right feedback for the developers how to debug the issues...

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 01:29:31 PM »
the error is simple. the webserver does not understand the "Offset 3" and then he tells in which file he got the issue. i did have that in the past also. i fixed it by copy the file zone_editor.php from server a to the faulty server into the correct folder. all cwp files are protected, so you can not edit them so easy but copy from function server to the non functioning server this you can. but i needed to copy after that a few more files. but if you have only one server then you in trouble.