Author Topic: Love VS Not Love of CWP Panel. Many issues on Centos 7  (Read 20686 times)

Love VS Not Love of CWP Panel. Many issues on Centos 7
« on: February 04, 2017, 02:57:05 PM »
I love this new panel also if I AM new and I come from Webuzo who is a lot better as interface.
Testing CWP on CentOs 7 seems to have a lot of issues.

- Email is missing secure ciphers suite so postfix and dovecot should be configured better
- If Apache or Bind or Dovecot or one of the service running as pureftpd etc have issue because user change configuration and is creating an issue is not possible remove and resume ... for example if I made broke Apache in Webuzo I can simply uninstall Apache from the panel and reinstall with default settings. This with Bind, PureFTP and all. In CWP if some service is not working and you are unable to fix is a big problem. In my test I need reinstall the panel many different times (also for BUG and issues)

For example one of this BUG issue was that now whn I add an user with a domain BIND stop to work. IF I remove the user BIND turn again ON.

Also button messages on top if clicked show errors as the file manager.

If you install a Let's Encrypt certificate you can see it on the list but you cannot remove... so if you decide to come back to HTTP you cannot do.

If an user is suspended than reactive FTP may not work or if you have previously activated Let's Encrypt than FTP as been switced to FTP under TLS this settings is loosed so when user try to connect after being reactived have to use not secure FTP also if Let's Encrypt certificate is active. Administrator need to go on pureftpd and disallow manually non TLS connections.

Once you have installed an SSL the score on https://www.htbridge.com/ssl/ is very good. A but if you do a server test here: https://www.htbridge.com/websec/ the score will be very bad F.
I tried to add configuration in Apache as I have made in Webuzo and where now in Webuzo I get A but with CWP I AM unable to have more than C+ I don't know why.

The most bug issue maybe for me is that you do not have (as in Webuzo exist) the possibility to unistall and reinstall a component if this is not working (Apache, BIND, pureftpd, etc)

For example when I added an user with a domain BIND has stopped to work. For me this is an issue on the programming of the control panel as my installation was new.

Softaculous is not working for now but you will fix soon as you told.

There is a lot of work to do, for now I love this panel because Webuzo for now missed antivirus and antispam and is a single control panel so you cannot really manage users but also on CWP I see issues on managing user as seems there are different issues.

CWP is a good panel idea but need works.
This is all I found in this days by testing it.

Re: Love VS Not Love of CWP Panel. Many issues on Centos 7
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 04:23:54 PM »
To be honest, I have not had these issues - I run CWPpro (v 0.9.8.239) on Centos7 (7.3.1611) on an OpenVZ kernel.

I haven't tried everything you've listed, but here are my experiences:

For example one of this BUG issue was that now whn I add an user with a domain BIND stop to work. IF I remove the user BIND turn again ON.

Check your zone files and bind logs for errors - if there's a malformed domain, it will fail to start. I've noticed CWP is not the greatest at cleaning up after itself if you're doing things directly from the control panel. If a service fails to start, check the conf files - you'll probably see remnants from previous settings were not properly cleaned up.

If you install a Let's Encrypt certificate you can see it on the list but you cannot remove... so if you decide to come back to HTTP you cannot do.

I have not had issues adding/removing certificates from Let's Encrypt.

Once you have installed an SSL the score on https://www.htbridge.com/ssl/ is very good. A but if you do a server test here: https://www.htbridge.com/websec/ the score will be very bad F.

The F score is misleading and has nothing to do with the SSL certificate. You'll get an F based on their own vague notions of security to try to upsell you - things like reporting your PHP version, raw HTTP headers, etc - all of which are not directly related to SSL, but web server/website settings.

Softaculous is not working for now but you will fix soon as you told.

No issues installation Softaculous at all.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 04:25:48 PM »
Happy to hear the issues are not present for you  :)

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 07:45:32 PM »
I guess what I was trying to say is that CWP integrates very deeply into Centos - sometimes changing the default behaviour/settings of the packages it uses. It even has its own repo.

CWP should always be installed on a very fresh system to avoid package/dependency conflicts.

I've only been using CWP for about a week, but I found most post-installation issues were merely conflicts with packages/dependencies I had already installed and it just look a few minutes of tweaking their config files to work directly.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 07:46:49 PM »
I had installed on a clean VPS.
For now I will continue to use Webuzo Panel. I will maybe look at this panel in the future.
Thanks.

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 04:27:26 AM »
How did you make let's encrypt installed for a domain?  I cannot make it work.....

http://forum.centos-webpanel.com/informations/latest-cwp-for-centos7-cannot-get-letsencrypt-ssl/

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 04:36:24 AM »
If you do not have a static or blank page let's encrypt are unable to install. You need have an index page.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 03:21:07 PM »
Thanks, after create the folder my.domain/.well-known/acme-challenge and index.html in each one, now the let's encrypt certificate is installed successfully.

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 03:58:55 PM »
Thanks, after create the folder my.domain/.well-known/acme-challenge and index.html in each one, now the let's encrypt certificate is installed successfully.
You are welcome  :)

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 05:51:25 PM »
If you do not have a static or blank page let's encrypt are unable to install. You need have an index page.

Guide for setting up ssl on centos web panel:

Add a special user to the system, per example systemdomains
add the domainname to the system for that user, per example. hosting.xxx.com if thats your hostname
(if u use the other ways of adding the domain to the system u might run into problems later and be less flexible)

Go to xxx.com/index.php?module=letsencrypt and install Lets Encrypt

If this domain is the only one for this account systemdomains >> Install the new cert for the account systemdomains (as configured before)
if the account has more then one domain (u added via Domains >> add domain menu) then Install the new cert via  Install Letsencrypt for Addon Domain function (as configured before)

Done

To do: figure out how to redirect both www and none www to https://www.

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 05:57:48 PM »

Guide for setting up ssl on centos web panel:

Add a special user to the system, per example systemdomains
add the domainname to the system for that user, per example. hosting.xxx.com if thats your hostname
(if u use the other ways of adding the domain to the system u might run into problems later and be less flexible)

Go to xxx.com/index.php?module=letsencrypt and install Lets Encrypt

If this domain is the only one for this account systemdomains >> Install the new cert for the account systemdomains (as configured before)
if the account has more then one domain (u added via Domains >> add domain menu) then Install the new cert via  Install Letsencrypt for Addon Domain function (as configured before)

Done

U can follow the wiki but Bind will complain that some db have no owner, this solution is more easy and actually following cwp procedures.

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2017, 11:09:03 AM »

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
      RewriteEngine on
      RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
      RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://yourdomain.com$1 [R=301,L]
   </IfModule>