Author Topic: sftp for a ftp users  (Read 10542 times)

sftp for a ftp users
« on: June 29, 2017, 04:05:43 PM »
Hi I´ve installed CWP, created an User and a domain..

I can connect via FTP and SFTP using the CWP account user (I also enabled the  /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server at SECURITY )

I´ve created 2 FTP users for the account.. (so now I have a total of three users: CWP account user, ftp_user1 and ftp_user2 )
with ftp_user1 and ftp_user2 I can connect via FTP with NO problem..

But, I can´t connect via SFTP with those users.. How can I fix that?  I keep having access denied, and in the secure logs its says: unknown user ... so Im guessing that the ftp user I´ve created is not been validated to use SFTP.. ??

Need those 2 ftp users access through sftp..

Thanks!

Re: sftp for a ftp users
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 09:13:46 PM »
Hi I´ve installed CWP, created an User and a domain..

I can connect via FTP and SFTP using the CWP account user (I also enabled the  /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server at SECURITY )

I´ve created 2 FTP users for the account.. (so now I have a total of three users: CWP account user, ftp_user1 and ftp_user2 )
with ftp_user1 and ftp_user2 I can connect via FTP with NO problem..

But, I can´t connect via SFTP with those users.. How can I fix that?  I keep having access denied, and in the secure logs its says: unknown user ... so Im guessing that the ftp user I´ve created is not been validated to use SFTP.. ??

Need those 2 ftp users access through sftp..

Thanks!

Anyone ? really need to fix this.. thanks!

Re: sftp for a ftp users
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 04:14:44 PM »
Sad that nobody answer that. I have the same problem. I can access via FTP but not via SFTP :(