Author Topic: Existential doubt  (Read 5209 times)

Existential doubt
« on: August 02, 2020, 06:04:38 PM »
Hello, I comment the following situation ... in the city where I live that there is no service with Fixed IP ... it is all with Pseudo Dynamic IP (it changes every so long) ... I am now using my main domain ... www.dominiohost.com .... directed to ns1.centos-webpanel.com
ns2.centos-webpanel.com

and the accounts of my clients too ... but they must manually create their entries ... and when the IP of my server changes ... I have to change them in the FreeDNS ...

There is the possibility of doing something similar to this:

www.domainhost.com point them to

ns1.centos-webpanel.com
ns2.centos-webpanel.com

there create for example ns1.domainhost.com and ns2.domainhost.com

and that my clients put that in their registers ... so when my ip changes ... only I should change the ip in ns1.host domain.com and ns2.host domain.com and they should not do anything? and that the dns zones are updated from the CWP even if I have to do it manually?

Basically I want to use FreeDNS as a gateway to my servers, and have the rest take care of my server's CWP.

(NOTE: i have 4 or 5 webs and the idea is not to disturb the clients with the falls, even if they take a few minutes to be functional again.
)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 06:06:12 PM by KatiaSisHost »

Re: Existential doubt
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 06:18:34 PM »
You're running your server(s) from home? Not a good idea.
Your server should have a static IP, it is a prerequisite. If your provider can't handle this, then change provider.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 06:39:17 PM »
i have a energy, generators... all... but... all ISP dont sell any more static ip... and the question is... if possible and how... until I can locate a static ip
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 06:45:33 PM by KatiaSisHost »

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 07:03:55 PM »
i have a energy, generators... all... but... all ISP dont sell any more static ip... and the question is... if possible and how... until I can locate a static ip
Hmm, not ideal! Really you need at least one static IPv4.
  • Use IPv6 and a IPv4 tunnelling provider (example: he.net https://tunnelbroker.net/)
  • Use a dynamic DNS domain mapper (ex. ddns.net)
  • If you have one static IPv4 from your ISP, setup a NAT environment (ex. install Proxmox on a dedicated server and have multiple VMs)
  • Look into using haproxy
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 07:08:15 PM by cynique »