Author Topic: [Tutorial] How to Change the IP Address of Server?  (Read 26592 times)

[Tutorial] How to Change the IP Address of Server?
« on: August 15, 2017, 01:04:48 PM »
At this tutorial i wanna show how to change the IP Address of CentOS Web Panel server.

Please follow these steps in order to IP Address of your VPS/Dedicated server:

1- Go to CWP Settings --> Edit Settings and replace Shared IP field with Default/New IP Address

2- Go to CWP Settings --> Change Hostname and replace New Hostname with rDNS/PTR records of your Default/New IP (you can check this record by reverse DNS lookup services)

3- Go to User Accounts --> List Accounts and you need to go to "Edit Account" section of all accounts on your server and replace IP field with Default/New IP Address (you also must check the "Update DNS Zone" checkbox)

4- Go to DNS Functions --> Edit Nameservers IPs and replace all NS1 and NS2 IPs with Default/New IP Address.

5- after all of this I suggest you to rebuild your WebServer in order to prevent future issues , So you need to Go to Apache Settings --> Apache Re-Build and recompile your apache webserver

6- If you were using Varnish Cache or Nginx Reverse Proxy you must
Go to Apache Settings --> Select WebServers and select Default Web Servers which you were using and Click on "Save & Rebuild Configuration".

7-if you were using MailServer you should Rebuild your MailServer

8-Reboot your server

9-Enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:17:53 PM by sunboys0111 »

Re: [Tutorial] How to Change the IP Address of Server?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 02:50:29 PM »
Simple and to the point. Thanks for sharing Sunboys, very helpful.
Everyone should try D-Ball now for some great results.

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 05:33:16 PM »
Awesome, thanks for sharing it. :)
https://www.24x7servermanagement.com/
Server Management, Server Security, Server Monitoring.
India's Leading Managed Service Provider !!

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 02:37:21 PM »
I hate digging up old topics but since this is a howto and what I used to change my server IP there are a couple more things that need to be considered.
-Changing your IP in the WebUI is not enough, edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
-Make sure your glue records are correct at your registrar. I'm using CWP to manage DNS and forgot to update the glue records besides editing in DNS functions.
-If using CWPpro, update your IP in your account, I forgot about that too
-Would be nice if there was an official howto

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 05:00:30 PM »
Thanks for the info but How to change subdomain dns? this isnt changing subdomain ips. Do i have to manually edit subdomain dns zone ip?

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2022, 01:59:37 PM »
Can I change the IP to 127.0.0.1 or localhost and all rebuild all the vhost files pointing to 127.0.0.1