Author Topic: Retrieve / Fetch emails from other accounts  (Read 8806 times)

Retrieve / Fetch emails from other accounts
« on: September 22, 2017, 08:20:17 AM »
Hi,

I have CWP installed on centos 7 on local machine. I can create local email accounts on CWP.
1) I want to fetch emails from email server/ gmail (xyz@abc.com/xyz@gmail.com) on internet to these email IDs created in CWP(xyz@abc.lan). Is there any way to achieve this in CWP? Like using fetchmail or getmail etc.?
2) Also how to setup this local CWP mail server to send emails through relay host? So this mail server will send emails using server on internet with globally accessible email address.

Re: Retrieve / Fetch emails from other accounts
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 01:00:47 PM »
1. don't understand what you exactly want to fetch
2. you can google about
Code: [Select]
postfix relay and you can find many useful instructions depending on your requirements
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 06:05:38 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
  1) want to fetch emails from other accounts like from company email or from gmail accounts. CWP is installed on local server behind NAT.
  2) postfix relay can be worked. Was wondering if there is GUI for that configuration in CWP.

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 01:16:51 PM »
you need to add relay details into postfix main configuration manually in file: /etc/postfix/main.cf (rebuild of mail server will overwrite this)

for fetching of emails from remote server you need to use imap/pop3 client software so this is mostly done on the end computers and not on the server....however all is possible with linux but this info you would need to google.
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 02:24:58 PM »
For the IMAP/POP3, I am planning to use roundcube which is installed on CWP server. And I want to fetch emails from other accounts (like gmail) in that roundcube. Clients will access that roundcube which is installed on server.

I thought that can be done using fetchmail / getmail service or any round cube plugin. So any idea how to add fetchmail plugin to roundcube in CWP?

Thought retrieving emails from other accounts may be basic feature and I might be missing something.

Thanks.

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 12:33:15 PM »
Any update on this? Is anyone using it this way..

CWP installed on local server.. Each user accesses email account on CWP using roundcube...
Now want to fetch emails from gmail/internet account to email accounts created in this local server..

How to configure CWP to achieve this?

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 01:09:50 PM »
Didn`t check the RoundCube options. I don`t use RC because I don`t like the UI, but I use RainLoop and I can tell you for sure that RL have the option you want.
UNIX is a very simple OS, but you have to be a GENIUS to understand it ...