Author Topic: Can send but not receieve  (Read 5990 times)

Can send but not receieve
« on: October 08, 2017, 05:37:56 PM »
Guys I’ve been trying to resolve this for about 5 weeks now, I’ve trolled every postfix and dns forum available and although I’m seeing the exact same issues, I’m unable to resolve my problem. Without a doubt this is to do with my lack of understanding of DNS and Postfix.
Anyway, the issue is that I’m unable to receive emails from outside the domain. I can send and the emails are received within seconds. If the emails are returned they don’t get sent to my inbox. If I send an email from an external domain they don’t end up in my inbox. If I send an email to myself (internally) it turns up in my inbox.
I’ve spoken to my ISP and they say that port 25 is open and they don’t restrict anything.
I have access to alter the PTR records at the ISP but I’m not sure what to put there. I’ve put
82-69-15-167.server1.recom.co.uk.
That’s the real external IP of the server that is also the ISP IP address. That is also the host name of the server and real domain name.
I was initially running the DNS on the server but decided to use the Free DNS manager and here is the set up.
Code: [Select]
DNS Zone Test
zone recom.co.uk/IN: loaded serial 2017100704
OK

Domain nameservers are set to:
ns1.centos-webpanel.com
ns2.centos-webpanel.com

You need to set your domain nameservers to:
ns1.centos-webpanel.com
ns2.centos-webpanel.com
ns3.centos-webpanel.com
ns4.centos-webpanel.com
ns5.centos-webpanel.com

*if you want that your dns records works!

Zone:
recom.co.uk
Serial:2017100704
Refresh: 28800
Retry:7200
Expire:1209600
TTL:86400
NS1: ns1.centos-webpanel.com
NS2: ns2.centos-webpanel.com

Host Type Destination

@ A 82.69.15.167

@ MX 10 mail.recom.co.uk

ftp A 82.69.15.167

mail A 82.69.15.167

server1.recom.co.uk A 82.69.15.167

www CNAME @
I have only set up one zone, so what you see is the entire DNS.
As I mentioned earlier the domains and IPs are the genuine thing. I’ve published these in the hope of guidance as I’m aware that my lack of knowledge combined with using example.com would further inflame my problem.
I’m hoping that someone will be kind enough to guide me through this problem and I will be able to one day help the community in return.

Re: Can send but not receieve
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 05:40:31 PM »
Sorry should have mentioned that I'm using CWP version: 0.9.8.359 on CentOS 7 and a Dell poweredge T1100ii on a FTTP