Author Topic: Access denied for user 'postfix'@'localhost  (Read 12903 times)

Access denied for user 'postfix'@'localhost
« on: July 10, 2016, 01:00:02 PM »
Hi..

I am getting the error this bellow error msg on CWP control panel while you going to add email or list email
Warning: [obfuscated](): Access denied for user 'postfix'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/modules/mail_add-new.php on line 0

Warning: [obfuscated]() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/modules/mail_add-new.php on line 0
Could not connect to database postfix check configuration file: /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/admin/include/postfix.php

i searched and found one post with a solution and try to set the password through SSh but the method does not working for me bellow error occurs please help to fix the issue

mysql>
mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR 'postfix'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('5OwXHuk');
ERROR 1133 (42000): Can't find any matching row in the user table
mysql>

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 01:30:18 PM by rasika »

Re: Access denied for user 'postfix'@'localhost
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 08:30:55 PM »
go to /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/include/postfix.php and get $db_pass_postfix value and create new user on mysql DB by name postfix and the password located on the file will fix the issue.

if you already have the user change the password by the same located on the file.