Author Topic: Clone a CWP CentOS 7 server  (Read 7910 times)

Clone a CWP CentOS 7 server
« on: March 10, 2018, 10:04:23 AM »
Hi

I am looking to clone one CentOS 7 server to another one more powerful. All data needs to be copied, including databases, PHP settings, etc.

There is only one domain installed in the server and 2-3 databases. That's it.

I read that rsync or Clonezilla would do the job but the domain is not working well on the new server, after using rsync.
We might try clonezilla...

Anyone knows a better way to do this? At the end, the most important thing is the CWP domain name, the rest could be replicated but the files under /home are the most important ones.
I am kind of in a rush to have done. Willing to pay someone to do this too, if not for an outrageous amount.

Thank you all for your help.

Re: Clone a CWP CentOS 7 server
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 07:16:28 PM »
I'm willing to assist! I actually did this last week because my main server was going in and out, so I bought a second one as a failover, and moved all my data to the new server. Wasn't awful but I did have to jump through some hoops to make it happen.

I'd be willing to help though, you can email me (bentheman96@gmail.com) or message on Google hangouts with that email.
Trying to help people :)
Chords and Lyrics

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 10:37:58 PM »
regards

You have tested with the tool that CWP has, to migrate accounts,

Menu User Accounts -> CWP-> CWP Migration

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 06:48:58 AM »
regards

You have tested with the tool that CWP has, to migrate accounts,

Menu User Accounts -> CWP-> CWP Migration

No, I didn't. The source server had specific configurations that had to be copied over or re-configured in the new server in a proper way. But yes, @MyBuddyBen was able to help me with this task and he used the CWP-> CWP Migration for the account itself.

Thank you once again Ben.