Author Topic: Problems Postfix  (Read 22524 times)

Problems Postfix
« on: May 03, 2018, 12:21:11 PM »
Hello,

I am using the WHMCS panel and when I send an email from WHMCS I have an error:
Failed to send e-mail - Failed to connect SMTP (). https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting (Subject: Confirm your registration)

I try with Thunderbirth to send and receive external emails I receive well

Mailog:
postfix server / smtps / smtpd [12495]: SSL_accept error of server.mydomain [91.121.183.67]: 0
postfix server / smtps / smtpd [12495]: warning: TLS library problem: 12495: error: 14094418: SSL routines: ssl3_read_bytes: unknown tlsv1 alert ca: s3_pkt.c: 1493: SSL alert number 48:

Thank you for your answers

Re: Problems Postfix
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 09:15:32 PM »
resolved problems

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 06:09:07 AM »
resolved problems

How did You resolve it ?

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 10:21:45 AM »
Hi,

Basically, the error is saying that the CA is unknown and the connection is dropped. If you will look into your postfix config file /etc/postfix/main.cf, you will notice something like this:

smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/pki/tls/private/srv.servername.com.key
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/pki/tls/certs/srv.servername.com.crt
smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
smtp_tls_CAfile = /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt

What you need to do is it so change the CA file path to the correct one. In my case, it was:

smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/pki/tls/certs/srv.servername.com.bundle
smtp_tls_CAfile = /etc/pki/tls/certs/srv.servername.com.bundle

This happened when I changed the server hostname and installed a Let's Encrypt SSL for it, from the CWP interface. For some reason, it did not change the CA file path automatically. I hope this will help someone facing the same issues.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 03:23:33 AM »
Hi,

Basically, the error is saying that the CA is unknown and the connection is dropped. If you will look into your postfix config file /etc/postfix/main.cf, you will notice something like this:

smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/pki/tls/private/srv.servername.com.key
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/pki/tls/certs/srv.servername.com.crt
smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
smtp_tls_CAfile = /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt

What you need to do is it so change the CA file path to the correct one. In my case, it was:

smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/pki/tls/certs/srv.servername.com.bundle
smtp_tls_CAfile = /etc/pki/tls/certs/srv.servername.com.bundle

This happened when I changed the server hostname and installed a Let's Encrypt SSL for it, from the CWP interface. For some reason, it did not change the CA file path automatically. I hope this will help someone facing the same issues.

Works!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 06:02:18 AM »
Thanks for the solution!

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 12:49:36 AM »
Just dropping by to say thank you. Thanks !
I was having difficulties connecting Outlook to my vps due to a certificate error. Then with a lot of struggle I found out that with imap ia, but I wasn't satisfied and wanted to make it top even with pop3 over SSL, and with this tutorial here it worked. Thanks for posting.