Author Topic: FALSE ERROR: Apparently the DNS of your domain does not point to this server  (Read 20042 times)

In the new CWP I try to install an AUTOSSL, but I have the error:

Apparently the DNS of your domain does not point to this server

This is wrong, because the domain has a right DNS. Actually the domain loads the webpage but without SSL.

How can I fix it?

try to contact cwp support to check this as this is a new feature
http://centos-webpanel.com/contact
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

This is CWP forum not cpanel...

do you know fix this issue on cwp?

hey,
After you have got enabled AutoSSL in WHM then the subsequent step is to make certain that the certificates had been delivered for your account. you may manipulate the certificate in the cPanel using the SSL/TLS interface. the following article applies to Shared business web hosting clients in addition to Reseller clients.
Please notice this cPanel caution concerning the usage of free autossl certificates with the shared IP address: in case you do not have a dedicated IP deal with, web browsers that don't support SNI will in all likelihood supply false protection warnings for your users after they get entry to any of your SSL web sites. Microsoft® net Explorer™ on windows XP™ is the maximum widely used web browser that doesn't support SNI.

how to add a certificate the use of AutoSSL
in case your AutoSSL alternative "permit AutoSSL to replace invalid or expiring non-AutoSSL certificates" is ready to on, then it's going to automatically replace any certificates that is expired inside your server. you will no longer want to observe the stairs under as the certificates might be installed.note that this option isn't set by means of default which will forestall the function from overriding EV or OV certificate with a DV certificate.

Login to the cPanel.
click on on SSL/TLS icon Scroll down till you locate the SSL/TLS icon.
click on on certificate(CRT) click on the hyperlink underneath certificate (CRT).
install certificate Scroll down the list until you find the area that desires to have the certificates set up. click on on the installation hyperlink to be able to make certain that the certificate is set up.
as soon as the installation is whole, scroll down until you notice the hyperlink to go back to the SSL supervisor. click on at the link.
confirm certificate installation in an effort to see if the certificates has been carried out, you may click on on control SSL websites. Scroll down and you may see if a green padlock is implemented to the URL in which you installed the certificates.
the way to Delete an AutoSSL certificates
in case your AutoSSL choice "permit AutoSSL to replace invalid or expiring non-AutoSSL certificate" is about to on, then it will automatically update any certificates and apply certificates to the domains inside the account. So, when you have a couple of domains and you intend to have a few domains with SSL and a few without, you then ought to flip this feature off.

Login to the cPanel
click on on SSL/TLS icon Scroll down until you find the SSL/TLS icon.
click on certificates(CRT) click the link below certificate (CRT).
click on certificate you desire to delete Scroll down till you locate the domain call with the certificates you desire to delete. To the right you may see a link categorized Delete. click on in this hyperlink to finish the deletion.
verify certificates deletion for you to completely eliminate the certificate click on go back to the SSL manager at the lowest of the page. Then click on control SSL web sites.
Uninstall certificate subsequent, you need to find the URL that you're looking to dispose of the SSL certificates from. To the right you may see the option for Uninstall. click on on Uninstall and you'll get a warning saying that this is a everlasting alternate. affirm it and the certificates can be removed from the domain. you may then verify with the aid of trying out the URL in a browser.
regards
jayesh

heyooooooooooo

after deleting the following lines on htaccess, ssl was installed

# Prevent Direct Access to files
<FilesMatch "(?i)((\.tpl|\.ini|\.log|(?<!robots)\.txt))">
 Order deny,allow
 Deny from all
</FilesMatch>

why should I delete these lines or what can be entered instead of these lines

I have the same problem. and the domain I'm trying to install ssl does not have any files. Where did you find this htaccess?

sorted out. my problem was the proxy. my server is behind a proxy, I just released the ip and the certificate was generated normally. But there's a problem I saw. I generated it by the account of the client, because the admin panel says that the domain does not point to the dns after trying to install.

Editining .htaccess and removing \.(?!well-known) from <FilesMatch... line helped for me.
I use Drupal at that account, so .htaccess is different I think.

- Login CWP.admin
- User Accounts
- Fix Permission
- Select user (user to install SSL)
- Back to Apache Setting and try to install the SSL again, wait until the blue button "Install SSL" clickable

delete subdomain and recreate it

delete subdomain and recreate it

thanks for your reply it really helped, really appreciated.