Author Topic: CWP PHP Selector [CWPpro required]  (Read 36650 times)

CWP PHP Selector [CWPpro required]
« on: June 09, 2018, 01:20:36 PM »
I am a little confused by this as on the home page of centos-webpanel.com there's this "CWP PHP Selector (FREE)". But inside CWP admin area "CWP PHP Selector [CWPpro required]".

Can someone clear this out for me? I am pretty confused.

Re: CWP PHP Selector [CWPpro required]
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 05:08:19 PM »
It was free for few years ago, starting this year it is commercialized

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 01:45:58 AM »
Thank you for clearing that out.

How do we know if it's not working? I seem to be able to installed all the PHP versions inside CWP PHP Selector without CWPpro. I tested it with
Code: [Select]
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php70 .php and it does work. What does that mean? Is there something wrong?

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 12:47:57 PM »
its not working anymore in free version :(
All my web sites giving this error "internal server error 500" which i used .htaccess AddHandler application/x-httpd-php72 .php

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 04:18:44 AM »
I am a little confused by this as on the home page of centos-webpanel.com there's this "CWP PHP Selector (FREE)". But inside CWP admin area "CWP PHP Selector [CWPpro required]".

Can someone clear this out for me? I am pretty confused.

From Now , you must purchase license to use ""pro option "" which is "Module Disabled [CWPpro required]"

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 06:28:22 AM »
I don't have a problem with CWP Premium, it's cheap, no problem about it. But i was testing the free version.

Yesterday, the website stop working, "503 down for maintenance", after a time rebuilding apache, checking apache, nginx, etc, i discovered that PHP-FPM was unable to start, because " /opt/alt/php-fpm72/usr/sbin/php-fpm" and the others versions executables, had a wrong chmod, unable to start. I fixed it and the website return to working. Today, same issue, strange. So i checked this forum.

Apparently, now the PHP-FPM selector it's only for paid versions (in the website still says PHP-FPM free), but they did the change without warning anyone, they simply update the panel and broke thousands of websites.

The problem for me it's not to pay 1.5$/month, it's that they do the change without warning anyone, with a dirty method, and breaking thousand of servers around the world. For me, there are not trustworthy anymore.

I have been using other free panels for many years, like ISPConfig, and never have a issue like this. It's a pity, because i think CWP have a great potential, but this movement it's a shame. No warning, the push the button without thinking.

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 08:40:15 AM »
 >:( This type of behavior is really unsustainable.
Even if i use a free service you can't directly cause a down state on servers which offers services to customers or public services.
This may be counterproductive bringing many agencies to ask for damages especially when talking about crucial services.
You can limit the configuration capabilities but you can't cause someone else's server to stop.

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 02:50:30 PM »
it's very simple, if you want to use a php-selector then you need to use cwppro version.
You still can use php switcher to change php version.
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 10:19:48 AM »
If you take a look at /var/log/cwp/webservers.log you will see a lot of entries trying to stop the service, like these:
2019-10-13 11:10:24 PHP-FPM php-fpm72: stop
2019-10-14 02:10:13 PHP-FPM php-fpm72: stop
2019-10-14 03:10:01 PHP-FPM php-fpm72: stop
2019-10-14 07:10:02 PHP-FPM php-fpm72: stop

Something is forcing this service to stop and to change "/opt/alt/php-fpm72/usr/sbin/php-fpm" file permissions as well.

How can i disable "PHP-FPM Selector" to get back to apache only? Is there a way from the panel?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 10:21:45 AM by pedromidiasf »

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 11:46:51 AM »

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 06:18:15 PM »
It's a pity, because i think CWP have a great potential, but this movement it's a shame. No warning, the push the button without thinking.
Oh yes!
Totally agree with you!
Stopping thousands of servers without warning is the top of not respecting users. Earlier, I thought I would get the PRO version, but now I'm starting to think about switching to another service.

Can someone inform the best alternative to CWP?
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 05:26:47 AM »
I know few CWP alternatives and tested few 2 years before and all were good except 1/2 features.

Now as CWP wants to hold our installation on ransom and asking for money by disabling feature without any advance/visible notice, can someone please inform the best alternative to CWP?

Of course the charges are not high and I have donated that amount to some other app devs, but I just simply dont understand what is this way of forcibly asking to buy software by disabling basic features which were provided in FREE version before. I am totally disappointed.

Please let me know the good and tested alternatives by you guys.

cmahendra

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 10:32:11 PM »
I know few CWP alternatives and tested few 2 years before and all were good except 1/2 features.

Now as CWP wants to hold our installation on ransom and asking for money by disabling feature without any advance/visible notice, can someone please inform the best alternative to CWP?

Of course the charges are not high and I have donated that amount to some other app devs, but I just simply dont understand what is this way of forcibly asking to buy software by disabling basic features which were provided in FREE version before. I am totally disappointed.

Please let me know the good and tested alternatives by you guys.

cmahendra
whilst i understand your frustration at the change in the way control panels works in free verses paid/pro version, in all honesty, CWP are charging such a tiny amount of money for the pro version (they are virtually giving it away), i really dont think anyone should complain about the restrictions placed on free version.

Just pay the money for pro version so that the developers can afford to pay for more staff to make this panel better. The panel needs a lot of work to get it up to spec...so those who pay for pro version are ultimately helping themselves in the long run.

Now if CWP suddenly made a massive price increase (to Cpanel levels), well that would be a whole different story...and a foolish choice if it ever happened (people would leave in droves).

in the meantime there are a number of alternatives...

Vestacp - relatively basic level of control and quite a decent panel these days. It has a very nice simple interface, but when you need to really get into the nitty gritty, this panel comes up way short)

ISPConfig - extremely well supported with extensive documentation and howtoforge.com tutorials and the $10 x 300 page manual is a must buy. Traditionally it was mechanical to configure, however the auto installer has made things a lot easier. This panel is extremely robust and reliable...I cant ever remember anything ever having gone wrong with it on my servers.

Virtualmin - A big player in the opensource market with a very complex and highly powerful panel. Unfortunately, the panel layout is a complete maize, the documentation is utter crap (tutorials aimed at the end user instead of administrator which is useless) and its difficult to administer because of this. Having said that, it provides access via a gui to almost every part of a server. A word of warning, dont mess with the default install...shit will hit the fan for sure if you do this!

I am a Virtualmin user for my client websites so i am trying not to be biased, however i think even with its GUI inteface design and layout flaws, it is still the best of the bunch at the moment. Next would definately be ISPConfig...and its probably a good option in the middle between CWP and Virtualmin.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 10:57:38 PM by adamjedgar »