Author Topic: Fresh install - can't access webpanel?  (Read 11248 times)

Fresh install - can't access webpanel?
« on: January 16, 2015, 03:51:19 AM »
Hey there,
I just moved to a new server and installed a fresh CWP transferred databases, /home/ files, and applicable apache vhosts and passwd/group files. All works great!

Except that I can't access CWP :p

Everything that I transferred worked properly, all is well. And I *thought* that I had logged into the CWP on the new server at one point. But I'm probably mistaken.

I'm currently just getting "Google Chrome's connection attempt to xxx.xx.xxx.xx was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured."

I tried `service iptables stop` along with the mentioned command in this thread http://forum.centos-webpanel.com/installation/can't-access-admin-panel-after-installation/msg35/#msg35

Any thoughts?

Re: Fresh install - can't access webpanel?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 06:55:19 AM »
Hi there
are you using ssl ? , is the cwpsrv service running ?

you could try  service cwpsrv start and see if it works after that

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 03:30:25 PM »
No ssl - accessing by port 2030.

Indeed, it is running. I've had it not running before and the page it returns is slightly different. In this case it is unable to connect period, it seems.

I would imagine it to be some kind of port error? Since it is returning:

Google Chrome's connection attempt to 192.99.3.173 was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.

I have a handful of accounts and 10+ sites all running fine. It's just that I can't access the panel.
The problem is that I'm not much of a linux admin, so I'm not exactly sure how to troubleshoot that problem or where to look.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 03:43:08 PM »
Ha! Turns out it did have to do with CWP not running.

I tried restarting it, and it failed. With a bad group name of 'root'. So, went into /etc/group and sure enough, root didn't exist as a group. croot did, though. This makes me wonder if it was somehow a mistake during installation or a mistyped character on my part (most likely) when I was updated some groups at the end of the list.