Author Topic: my server has 67TB outgoing traffic but its imposible  (Read 7217 times)

my server has 67TB outgoing traffic but its imposible
« on: July 25, 2018, 08:50:15 PM »
hello everyone,
as soon as I switch from cpanel to cwp my server got huge outgoing traffic like in this photo
before cwp it was always aroud 1TB max per month but now in 25 days it got already 67TB outgoing traffic, whats wrong with my server ? how canI watch where is this traffic goes ? and how can I stop it ?

does anyone please can help me ? I chose cwp because it cheaper than cpanel but now with this traffic problem it become much more expensive unfortunetly :(
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 08:52:28 PM by ercan »

Re: my server has 67TB outgoing traffic but its imposible
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 04:36:56 AM »
hello everyone,
as soon as I switch from cpanel to cwp my server got huge outgoing traffic like in this photo
before cwp it was always aroud 1TB max per month but now in 25 days it got already 67TB outgoing traffic, whats wrong with my server ? how canI watch where is this traffic goes ? and how can I stop it ?

does anyone please can help me ? I chose cwp because it cheaper than cpanel but now with this traffic problem it become much more expensive unfortunetly :(

Maybe you are receving a DDOS attack or any malicious script which is eating up the BW.

Do you have firewall enabled on CWP?

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 06:37:19 AM »
you need to check what you have running on your server this can be anything, mostly memcache, or host links on images/files/videos or big files

you would need to check logs and you can also monitor server via top to see if something is at the top of the load

bwm-ng

You would probably need to install this tools
iftop
iptraf

VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 10:12:01 AM »
hello everyone,

Maybe you are receving a DDOS attack or any malicious script which is eating up the BW.

Do you have firewall enabled on CWP?

as soon as I enabled firewall high traffic is stopped,

you need to check what you have running on your server this can be anything, mostly memcache, or host links on images/files/videos or big files

you would need to check logs and you can also monitor server via top to see if something is at the top of the load

bwm-ng

You would probably need to install this tools
iftop
iptraf
thank you for answer, logs are looks like so mass,hard to understand, but in cpu usage I see memcache using alot source, but indeed in my sites I dont use it at all, and even I didnt install it, is it bug of cwp ? why memcache ports are not closed for outside connection by default ?

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 10:51:56 AM »
then you probably have memcache reflected ddos attack and you need to remove this ports 11211 from the csf firewall if you have it listed there

VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.