Author Topic: Roundcube Login Problem - Cant Connect - Log Error on IMAP - * BYE Internal Erro  (Read 7968 times)

Hi.
One problem started today: I can't connect to roundcube.

In /usr/local/cwpsrv/var/services/roundcube/logs/errors

[26-Jul-2018 15:17:12 +0000]: <6dq7unhf> IMAP Error: Login failed for nfe@hmluvas.com.br from 138.204.24.121. AUTHENTICATE PLAIN: * BYE Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. in /usr/local/cwpsrv/var/services/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 193 (POST /?_task=login&_action=login)

Maybe someone can guide me here, because I do not know where to start...
Thanks!

Services is showing as ok, but mentioned error still ocurring.

Please check the permissions of the directory of this mailbox in:

/ var / vmail / MYDOMAIN / MAILBOX

Let me know how it went after this

I think it is +w permission, according to dovecot.log

failed: Permission denied (euid=101(vmail) egid=12(mail) missing +w perm: /var/vmail, dir owned by 1061:1061 mode=0751)

adding more info.
when looking for /var/vmail permission the folder was with some account name "bemestar" but it should be "1061".
looking /etc/passwd I found that users start to be created with code 1018...1019... and 1061 is now some client account created throught cwp panel.

how to fix it?
old users are working because inside /var/vmail the accounts are showing with owner vmail and group mail.

any documentation or fix arount this issue?

More info, I created manually the domain folder inside /var/vmail and changed user to vmail and group to mail and now I can login and use the email.

I am looking how to change entire vmail permission without causing other problems.