Author Topic: Can't open a ticket what's the point!  (Read 6979 times)

Can't open a ticket what's the point!
« on: August 26, 2018, 09:25:30 PM »
Paid support has never resolved my issues in the past and now I need support again I'm unable to open a ticket. What's the point of paying for support if it isn't available.
My server is a mess and gives @custom page errors when installed plugings or anything that connects to other databases, my emails on all domains are blocked and marked as insecure. my websites randomly allow uploads and sometimes not. I pay for support through Paypal and constantly get none payment reminders even though it is automatically set up and paid through Paypal. I've never got a reply from billing when I questioned the reminders and to be honest, feel let down by what I thought was a professional organisation.
I love the software and the concept, but I honestly can't go on like this so I'm considering going back to managed hosting

Re: Can't open a ticket what's the point!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 09:51:42 PM »
What issue you are facing please explain.

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 10:34:18 PM »
Well on the support side I agreed to allow Paypal to pay the monthly subscription (as per recommendation) and I get an unpaid notification form CWP telling me that I owe 1 cent and support will be cut off. I've emailed them countless times and never got a reply.
I click on open a ticket and get redirected back to the submit open ticket.
The last ticket I submitted really wasn't any help at all.
My server gives /@custom errors for web pages on all domains
All emails are rejected as spam across all domains
it is hit or miss if I'm able to upload images (or any of my members). No error messages, just works sometimes and others not.
Reverse DNS is iffy at best (tried to get help with this through support, but got talked at rather than helped, so was left unresolved)
Script installs from CWP control panel fail 100% of the time. I'm always left downloading things like Wordpress, uploading and setting up the database manually.
That's just off the top of my head.
Even Cart2cart level 1 tech support gave up trying to upload a database file to a domain on the server after trying for a month.

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 10:42:06 PM »
Code: [Select]
Well on the support side I agreed to allow Paypal to pay the monthly subscription (as per recommendation) and I get an unpaid notification form CWP telling me that I owe 1 cent and support will be cut off. I've emailed them countless times and never got a reply.
I click on open a ticket and get redirected back to the submit open ticket.
The last ticket I submitted really wasn't any help at all.

Well CWP team only help you regarding it.

My server gives /@custom errors for web pages on all domains
Do you have nginx enabled?

All emails are rejected as spam across all domains
Does your mail server follow spam policies like adding dkim key and spf record? Did you check mail header for that? Even your emails is signing with dkim key and spf record you have no guarantee that it will be come in inbox.

it is hit or miss if I'm able to upload images (or any of my members). No error messages, just works sometimes and others not.
Are you trying to upload images on wordpress? OR you are using which script?

Reverse DNS is iffy at best (tried to get help with this through support, but got talked at rather than helped, so was left unresolved)
You need to set reverse dns from where you purchased server.
Script installs from CWP control panel fail 100% of the time. I'm always left downloading things like Wordpress, uploading and setting up the database manually.
Well cant comment on that as we never used this feature and always do install script manually.

Even Cart2cart level 1 tech support gave up trying to upload a database file to a domain on the server after trying for a month.
Please explain this error little more.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 11:07:54 PM »
Well they haven't. I'm still getting threatening emails.
Yes
Does your mail server follow spam policies like adding dkim key and spf record?
rDNS/PTR record check: SUCCESS
It can happen to any of the domains but the most used is Xenforo
I set RDNS at my internet provider as the server is hosted at home on FTTP. Needed additional help from support, but wasn't forthcoming.
An open Cart database kept failing and had to be repaired a few times. Eventually I tried to migrate the database to wordpress and start the shop fresh, but backup of the database is fine, restore the same database is fine. Start a new database and try and populate it fails. It either does nothing or @custom error.

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 11:18:48 PM »
Well they haven't. I'm still getting threatening emails.
Yes

Disable it and it will be resolved.

Does your mail server follow spam policies like adding dkim key and spf record?
rDNS/PTR record check: SUCCESS

It doesnt mean your email is using spf and dkim key. The best way to check is sending an empty email to check-auth@verifier.port25.com and they will send an email back to let you know if you are setup properly.

It can happen to any of the domains but the most used is Xenforo

Does disabling nginx solves this issue?

I set RDNS at my internet provider as the server is hosted at home on FTTP. Needed additional help from support, but wasn't forthcoming.

They can only help you regarding it

An open Cart database kept failing and had to be repaired a few times. Eventually I tried to migrate the database to wordpress and start the shop fresh, but backup of the database is fine, restore the same database is fine. Start a new database and try and populate it fails. It either does nothing or @custom error.

How you are populating database. Based on database structure and tables did you try switching it to INNODB? Right now you must be using MYISAM.