Author Topic: Wordpress installation issue  (Read 34787 times)

Re: Wordpress installation issue
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 10:21:53 PM »
developers are notified about it this will take some time as they have many jobs to do.

So still the same problem? Been a while now and I still see this problem

Is it worth considering making CWP open source? So we can fix problems like this ourselves, and help out the community with committing fixes and new features?

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2019, 10:54:45 PM »
This is still a concern. Have not seen any notices or patches concerning this.

There isn't a seemingly sure-fire way to prevent this from happening, it seems.

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2019, 08:50:17 PM »
What annoys the shit out of me about this...We have been told something was fixed when it has not been.
That seems to happen a lot with this panel...I have a brand new install of Centos web panel that cannot install WordPress because of this exact problem.
If developers are too busy to fix this and a lot of other problems that never actually get resolved even after we are given the usual "This has been fixed in the next release", I wonder what they are actually being busy with...parties, playing computer games and watching YouTube?

I am frankly getting sick and tired of the constant stream of half truths and lies. If a person can't trust the free version of this program with basic functionality issues and instability, how can they be expected to support the project and buy the pro version?

In the meantime, a workaround might be to get customers to try to use installation remote to setup WordPress.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 08:55:50 PM by adamjedgar »

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2019, 09:10:29 PM »
And I actually paid for the pro version.
Don't really know what I got for these 10 bucks...

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2019, 06:11:01 AM »
Hello

Exactly what is the problem

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2019, 08:39:58 PM »
This fix still isnt woeking properly...if the fix has even heen done yet.

Cwp still cannot setup WordPress using one click installer...It stuffs up copying the wp database password into wp-config.php and therefore throws a "cannot connect to database error".

In order to sort the problem, a user has to manually input the correct password (generated/created by user using script installer) into wp-config.

It's hard to understand how this fundamental error got through testing because WordPress cannot install/run as long as the wp-config file password is always wrong.

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2019, 12:33:45 AM »
Could you tell me what version of cwp you have installed?

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2019, 03:09:26 PM »
I have CWPpro version: 0.9.8.800

The issue is that the password for the database is not set correctly by the installation script. wp-config.php is written to correctly but not the actual database. You have to use the MySql Manager to set the database password manually in order to proceed with the installation.

Where is the WordPress installation script located? Perhaps we could help debug this.

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2019, 09:18:35 PM »
I also have pro version...just got it about 1 week ago.

I think you will find the password in wp-config is incorrect...it seems right until you realise cwp hasnt copied the full password into said file that is generated by script installler.

When i manually copied and pasted the full script installer generated password into wp-config, everything then proceedes correctly with wordpress login (ie database error is resolved)...i have not once needed to change anything in the database. i have done this a dozen times in just 1 week to test...so i know exactly what is wrong and how to workaround it.

100% the script installer is not inputting the full password into wp-config.php as it should to correlate with the password the script added to the database.

I would say the number of characters in the auto generated password exceeds the variable field character limit (or type) set by whoever coded this in the first place. The difference with the database being it probably has the correct vaeiable limits for this field and therefore allows full password to be insertedautomatically saves and therefore correctly has password...but this does not match because wp-config has a shortened (cutoff) version of same password.

This fundamentally could not possibly have worked...i cannot understand how it even got released for public use for cwp7... clearly no one tested it to ensure it still works in this version?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 09:27:30 PM by adamjedgar »

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2019, 06:22:24 PM »
I put my own password in the installer and it was passed correctly to wp-config. I checked the hash using this generator https://www.browserling.com/tools/mariadb-password and it didn't match the hash in mysql>user table. If I edit that table and put in the hash it works.

e.g.

Password = password
Hash = *2470C0C06DEE42FD1618BB99005ADCA2EC9D1E19

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2019, 05:18:46 AM »
Just so you know - there still appears to be an issue with the WP script.

I installed a fresh latest CWP onto a fresh VPS a couple of days ago.
When you create a WP install, it places an incomplete wp-config.php into the root (e.g. has DB name and user in there, but not the password).
Trying to visit the domain, you get a Database connection error, because it's trying to run WP properly and failing (due to incomplete config and empty db) - rather than moving to the setup wizard.
Deleting the wp-config.php forces it back to the wizard.

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2019, 05:03:40 PM »
To solve this connection problem with the WordPress MySql database make a backup and insert this string in wp-config.php

define(‘WP_ALLOW_REPAIR’, true);

And reload the homepage through which it will be possible to repair the database connection.

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2019, 08:48:41 PM »
this issue has been known about for more than 1 year...probably since the CWP wordpress installer script was first introduced. It has never worked for me.

The solution has always been the same, in wp-config, change the password and it should then work. I wonder if the problem may be that the password length and/or characters are incompatible with CWP password restrictions for mysql etc?

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2022, 07:38:28 PM »
Still not working at all. People can't install simple open source script via 1 click installer. Just installing via script and manually, it does not copy all WP files at all using installer.
Speak friend and enter :)

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2022, 07:42:16 PM »
in the new version of CWP this was resolved

Code: [Select]
sh /scripts/update_cwp
I already have the last version (0.9.8.723). For all I know there's no newer version than that.

TBH just tried update in hope i will fix WP installer script for people on server, this sciprt is not working aswell...oh joy.
Speak friend and enter :)