Author Topic: Has anyone used CWP in real production server?  (Read 6758 times)

Has anyone used CWP in real production server?
« on: January 11, 2019, 07:31:46 PM »
As a long time centos users, I was happy to know there we a webpanel dedicated to centos, when someone recently asked me to make a full fledged site including email and I searched and was happy to find CWP.

So, I got a new VPS from digital ocean, with centos 7 distro and followed the instructions. Even though I can log in in the dashboard, it seems to me that is the only thing you are able to do in CWP.

If tried to add a domain, it askes me to install PHP-FPM, which I chose form the list, I choose nearly all PHP 7 versions, and waited for it to rebuildfinish, but I always get the same page, when I want to add a domain. I just installed PHP 7, rebooted server and still it Always asks me to install PHP-FPM. If I got to "File Manager" table and choose "Simple File manger" there it is again, asking me to install php-fpm which I already did. It doesn't matter how many times I install PHP-FPM, or waited or rebooted. I even erased my VPS and started from scratch and it is the same message, there are also errors in red panel which never go away even if I follow the instruction.

There is absolutely nothing to do except get the same question, and the software has lots of errors, which makes me think there are no error or exception handlers in CWP. One of the errors I get is this:

Code: [Select]
Notice: Undefined variable: [obfuscated] in /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/include/functions.php on line 0
Also:
Code: [Select]
Notice: Undefined index: backup in /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/modules/new_account.php on line 0
I really hate to complain on something given to me for free, but even I as a long time contributor to OS projects on github with  a couple of mine, I always make sure the software works before releasing it to the public.

I am a bit confused, is CWP tagged v1? or is this a pre-release? Is anyone using this on anything other than localhost?

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 07:40:49 PM by kylix »

Re: Has anyone used CWP in real production server?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 07:38:32 PM »
Just to add something, since I won't be visiting this thread again, I have decided to choose another panel. So, don't ask me and wait for an answer, I can't read your message.

If someone figures out the answer though, you can post it to help the next person.

But please improve your software, this is worse than wordpress or phpmyadmin

Also, sorry for ranting, I just wasted TWO days so I can't help it

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 12:03:32 PM »
Someone has happened in the middle of the updates and this is why you will find answers similar to the one above. Actually there are still some problems, but you always find someone willing to help you on the forum or from technical support. I use cwp7 for years and it works very well. At first I used it on a vps where I kept my personal websites, now, after years of use, I've transferred everything from cpanel to cwp. The server is a real production server that host a lot of website (wordpress, magento, joomla, prestashop and static website) The bugs are everywhere, on every control  panel, even if you pay a lot of money ...  I say this from experience ;)
Can you tell me the characteristics of your vps?
I had a problem with small vps on digital ocean too
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:09:01 PM by ginevra »

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 02:44:58 PM »
I have been using CWP on a production server hosting about 40 odd sites. My "uptime" is 69 days as of now. Running php 7.2.14 FPM with nginx and apache with mariadb 10.3

I have had a very smooth journey since I installed cwp about 5 months back. No big hiccups till now. Keeping my fingers crossed.

BTW I am using Amazon AWS for hosting.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 09:46:30 PM »
note that wizard lock is not related to php-fpm, it related to webserver rebuild, once you do a webserver rebuild then wizard lock will be removed.
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 03:08:50 AM »
just five days ago i rent a new vps and install cwp to try this web panel with 5 domains, but in production i have a dedicated server. so, the dedicated have more resources, for example, multiple ips (9)... in one domain i installed the autossl certificate and mount the site, but i have problems with the mod_rewrite that is not working...