Author Topic: How to setup DNS & Nameserver?  (Read 6395 times)

How to setup DNS & Nameserver?
« on: May 20, 2019, 12:16:12 PM »
Hello,
i installed CWP for hosting a few personal projects and some of my friends / family.

So far everything works fine, but im stuck now when setting up DNS. My Domains are registered at Namecheap and Hetzner. But it seems like I have to create a name server in CWP...

I created following name server:

ns1.olefundrichter.cloud 116.203.29.85
ns2.olefundrichter.cloud 116.203.29.85

Ip is the IP of the server. What do I have to do at Namecheap now that this works? there is my domain registered.

Re: How to setup DNS & Nameserver?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 03:51:30 PM »
You will have to go to Advanced DNS section of domain at NC and then create two name servers with your server IP.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 10:39:21 AM »
Nameserver are supposed to be two completely separate instances with different ipaddresses.

Using only one ns is going to cause you problems...don't bother with ns, just point an A record for each domain registrar at your server ipaddress.  Leave the dns  to the registrar...it is far simpler. Obviously if you plan on hosting for clients, you will then need nameservers (but you would then ensure you have at least 2 usually 3 of them.)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 10:41:34 AM by adamjedgar »

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 08:54:01 AM »
Hello,
i installed CWP for hosting a few personal projects and some of my friends / family.

So far everything works fine, but im stuck now when setting up DNS. My Domains are registered at Namecheap and Hetzner. But it seems like I have to create a name server in CWP...

I created following name server:

ns1.olefundrichter.cloud 116.203.29.85
ns2.olefundrichter.cloud 116.203.29.85

Ip is the IP of the server. What do I have to do at Namecheap now that this works? there is my domain registered.

Follow the Step 3: DNS
Part 1 : How to Configure DNS properly for CentOS WebPanel on CentOS 7.6
Part 2 : How to Configure DNS properly for CentOS WebPanel on CentOS 7.6
Part 3 : How to Update ROOT Hints DNS ?
Part 4 : How to hide Nameserver software version on Centos 7
How to use GeoIP in Bind ? ( geoip-directory "/usr/share/GeoIP/";)

Details: https://www.awsmonster.com/p/cwp-installation-and-configuration_12.html