Author Topic: Site Not Found after the ssl installation  (Read 5329 times)

Site Not Found after the ssl installation
« on: February 02, 2019, 03:01:05 PM »
Hi. After installation of the seritifikat the website ceased to open. The browser shows the message "Not Found The requested URL / was not found on this server.". Removal of the certificate did not solve a problem. I will be grateful for the help. The certificate was PositiveSSL Comodo SSL Certificate

Re: Site Not Found after the ssl installation
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 11:56:53 AM »
Hello,

I also encountered this issue with the same certificate and received the same message. 

I spent about 2-3 hours trying to figure it out and finally found the following.  It was likely due to some update, because this same server has 2 other domains with SSL certificates and those have never had a problem.

To fix this you'll need to manually update the vhosts files. 

go to /usr/local/apache/conf.d/vhosts/

You'll have 2 files that were recently updated called:
yourdomainname.com.conf
yourdomainname.com.ssl.conf

In each of these files, anywhere you find your "/home/" directory, you need to make sure there is a leading "/".  During the SSL creation, for some reason it is rewriting the home directory as "home/" instead of "/home/".  So just go through and add a leading "/".  There are about 3 occurrences in each file.  The only reason I found this is by doing a line-by-line comparison to vhosts files for my other domains on the same server.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 12:00:34 PM »
And restart apache after so the changes take effect.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 11:38:30 AM »
Thanks for council. At present it was busy with change of vps of a hoster and I could not check. On the advice of support service of namecheap.com I established the certificate directly in nginx having edited yourdomainname.com.conf in folder  nginx/conf.d/vhosts/ (perhaps the way is not correct, at present the server does not work and there is no opportunity to check). I prescribed a way to the file of a private key "*.key" and to the file of the certificate "*.bundle". In the .bundle file 3 records were joint. Record root the certificate the sent comodo, and two other records from the yourdomainname_com.ca-bundle file also sent in one archive with the certificate from comodo has to go the first

Спасибо за совет. В данный момент был занят сменой vps хостера и не мог проверить. По совету службы поддержки  namecheap.com я  устанавил сертификат напрямую в nginx отредактировав yourdomainname.com.conf в папке nginx/conf.d/vhosts/ (возможно путь не корректен, в данный момент сервер не работает и нет возможности проверить). Я прописал пути к файлу приватного ключа "*.key" и к файлу сертификата "*.bundle". В файле .bundle были объеденены 3 записи. Первой должна идти запись корневого сертификат присланный comodo, а две остальных записи из файла yourdomainname_com.ca-bundle так же присланный в одном архиве с сертификатом от comodo

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 02:29:44 AM »
edited yourdomainname.com.conf in folder 
/etc/nginx/conf.d/vhosts